What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Pre-Season Challenge - Week 1

flippikat

Bench
I'm really liking what I'm seeing from the Warriors..

Yeah I know it's against the Tigers, and yeah I know it's just a trial, and it ain't the top Warriors squad turning out.... but the attack looks pretty energetic & keeping the opposition to zero is always good.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Whoever started calling Charlie Staines the 'Forbes Ferrari' should be shot. Forbes Fiat Punto is more fitting.

Wb1234

Referee
I'm really liking what I'm seeing from the Warriors..

Yeah I know it's against the Tigers, and yeah I know it's just a trial, and it ain't the top Warriors squad turning out.... but the attack looks pretty energetic & keeping the opposition to zero is always good.
Whose the warriors nine he’s good

not watched the warriors in ages

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
May the footy gods help the Tigers, because no one else will. If they deny the Phins the spoon this year, it would be some sort of "achievement".

flippikat

Bench
Whose the warriors nine he’s good

not watched the warriors in ages
That'd be Freddy Lussick - good to see him playing well, as that'll keep Wayde Egan on his toes (competition for places is great to have)

Another thing that's impressing me is the discipline from the team.

Even though it's a trial (and mistakes are a given) I'm seeing less silly errors & lapses of judgement than last year already.

Wb1234

Referee
That'd be Freddy Lussick - good to see him playing well, as that'll keep Wayde Egan on his toes (competition for places is great to have)

Another thing that's impressing me is the discipline from the team.

Even though it's a trial (and mistakes are a given) I'm seeing less silly errors & lapses of judgement than last year already.
They are easy on the eye in attack

watching the tigers is a punish

flippikat

Bench
Tigers get a lucky call, good position, here's their chance...

...and they drop the ball right away.

Sheens is gonna age a decade this year.

yobbo84

Coach
1st half of a trial game playing mostly their NSW Cup side. Probably a bit early to make a judgement.
Personally, I'm looking forward to reading a bunch of Souths supporters writing our team off if we struggle tomorrow with the gun halves combination of Dion Teaupa and Jarrett Subloo

flippikat

Bench
Yep, and THAT is how you make the opposition pay for a mistake (that clanger of a dropped ball on Tigers attack).

Great stuff.

Scrub that last post - Sheens will age TWO decades this year, if he doesn't have a coronary first.

Wizardman

First Grade
One thing I hate......people making a judgement on a teams year because of a trial. I have a mate teasing me about the Tigers already....lol.

Settle people!

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
edit, made a joke but its brian smith im thinking of not tim sheens

Last edited: