What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Predictions

WA Tiger

Bench
Sheens has no plans to miss the 8. It’s unlikely he ever has. Otherwise why get up in the morning.

And he knows the importance of top 8 for luring quality players to WT, including potentially Mitch..
Top 8 will be his equal primary goal along with whatever else he’s there for.
Mitch is prob waiting to see how shit we are…or not

stryker

First Grade
Sheens has no plans to miss the 8. It’s unlikely he ever has. Otherwise why get up in the morning.
Obviously not. Why would you plan to fail? That is no where near what I’m saying.
And he knows the importance of top 8 for luring quality players to WT, including potentially Mitch..
Yes this is true, however not in conflict with what I said either.
Top 8 will be his equal primary goal along with whatever else he’s there for.
You do not have multiple primary goals. If you do, you are setting a course for failure. A primary goal is the one requiring the most attention.

I believe that Sheens’s primary goal is to hand a top 6 roster over to Benji in 2025. His actions since 2021 point towards this. He made moves to clear the roster in 22, he strengthened the forwards ahead of the 23 season, he will observe the backs and strengthen as required for 24 and I think he’ll sign a genuine marquee player leading into 25 as well as promoting our best juniors.

He may make the finals this year and/or next and that will be a happy bonus, but I am of the opinion he is desperate to make sure that his appointment of a 100% greenhorn to the head coach of a professional sporting organisation doesn’t condemn him to the annals of history as the architect of the stupidest management decision in memory. Benji is likely to inherit a side that will challenge for the title rather than hope to make the 8.

WA Tiger

Bench
Obviously not. Why would you plan to fail? That is no where near what I’m saying.

Yes this is true, however not in conflict with what I said either.

You do not have multiple primary goals. If you do, you are setting a course for failure. A primary goal is the one requiring the most attention.

I believe that Sheens’s primary goal is to hand a top 6 roster over to Benji in 2025. His actions since 2021 point towards this. He made moves to clear the roster in 22, he strengthened the forwards ahead of the 23 season, he will observe the backs and strengthen as required for 24 and I think he’ll sign a genuine marquee player leading into 25 as well as promoting our best juniors.

He may make the finals this year and/or next and that will be a happy bonus, but I am of the opinion he is desperate to make sure that his appointment of a 100% greenhorn to the head coach of a professional sporting organisation doesn’t condemn him to the annals of history as the architect of the stupidest management decision in memory. Benji is likely to inherit a side that will challenge for the title rather than hope to make the 8.
I’ll have to reply with that effort.

The job description is the primary goal of course. But, when we are playing the last game of the season, against parra for 4th and it’s 30 all with 2 minutes to go, Sheens won’t be thinking about training Benji or 25’. Sheens is here to do some damage. Both can be the primary goal

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Agreed but he'd be well aware that his job of attracting the backs he wants will be infinitely easier if we make the 8 this year...making the 8 is the first and most important order of business now that our roster is pretty much sorted
Roster isn’t sorted yet.
Question marks over the entire 1-7.
Pretty serious concerns depth wise as well.

stryker

First Grade
I’ll have to reply with that effort.

The job description is the primary goal of course. But, when we are playing the last game of the season, against parra for 4th and it’s 30 all with 2 minutes to go, Sheens won’t be thinking about training Benji or 25’. Sheens is here to do some damage. Both can be the primary goal
He isn’t going to be sacked for missing the 8 this year or next.
Of course he’ll take a finals berth if it presents. Part of the opportunity will be resultant on the fortunes of other teams ahead of us though and there in lies the folly of perusing a finals finish in your first year. You can only worry about what you can affect. Our 23 squad is not a top 8 team as it currently stands.
He is working towards having a bombproof squad where even 4 or 5 injuries won’t stop the momentum. That takes time.

Das Hassler

Bench
Roster isn’t sorted yet.
Question marks over the entire 1-7.
Pretty serious concerns depth wise as well.

By sorted I meant what we have is what we have for '23 ...not sorted as in what we need. These guys have to get it done this year...it has to be the priority .. and i believe it is as the fans...club...sponsors need this "no finals" monkey off their backs NOW! It's vitaly important

stryker

First Grade
By sorted I meant what we have is what we have for '23 ...not sorted as in what we need. These guys have to get it done this year...it has to be the priority .. and i believe it is as the fans...club...sponsors need this "no finals" monkey off their backs NOW! It's vitaly important
It is.
However Tim has even stated we have entered another rebuild. Sponsors would be aware of a loose structure of plans. They will hold fire for 2 years I suspect.
Do you think we’ll play finals this year? Most experts have us finishing 12th or lower.

Das Hassler

Bench
It is.
However Tim has even stated we have entered another rebuild. Sponsors would be aware of a loose structure of plans. They will hold fire for 2 years I suspect.
Do you think we’ll play finals this year? Most experts have us finishing 12th or lower.

I think we can for a number of reasons ...firstly if we'd gotten this new bunch maybe a couple last year and a few this year the culture ( for want of a better term) wouldn't have changed much...I've mentioned it before but having these 4 new successful forwards who have never played together coming in at the same time will be uniquely effective...they'll be alongside guys of their own caliber ( which will keep THEM tuned up and competing with eachother) and Joffa ..Stephano....Pole and the other forwards will be pulled up to their level as none of these new guys are hot/cold performers like Blair...D Fafita etc...these guys are all 80 minute mongrels. The pressure will be right on the backs and I still believe Sheens can squeeze enough out of the bunch we have...hate to cite 05 again but at the beginning of that season I doubt many would have predicted we'd go too far with Elford... Paul P...Fitz and Pat Richards. The backs we have now will know they won't be here ...or leastways near first grade next year if they don't get it done this year....I think these backs will feel pressure like they've never known before and that should get us over the line. A couple of years ago the Knights and GC got sides into the 8 which I don't think were any better ...if even as good as what we have now. Like I've said I won't be surprised if it's a mess for maybe half a dozen games or more but I'm confident they'll find their groove before the season's lost

* To add....happiest player of the class of '23?.....Joffa! he's been hurting for this!

Last edited:

Shredder

Juniors
I think we will go somewhere between 6th and 10th.

Anything more than that is a huge bonus and anything worse would still be better than last.

Das I think that the pressure on the backs to hold their spots will either help them plenty or really hurt them. Going from such a structured play over the last few years to "throw the ball around and see how you go" wont work for all of them. Its sink or swim time and not everyone swims.

I think we have done an excellent job of cleaning out the pack and the backs will be on the line this year as well. Still flumoxed by us getting rid of Hastings, but what can you do?

stryker

First Grade
All valid points.
The forwards will rip and tear but they will take a little bit to hit a rhythm first.
The backs though…the same guys who let us down last year will now have to step up.
I don’t like these 05 comparisons. Sure that backline was a mismatch of players from other clubs but they were all workers. They all competed. They also had a top tier controlling halfback, an electrifying point scoring fullback and the greatest attacking player of the past 50 years.

WA Tiger

Bench
He isn’t going to be sacked for missing the 8 this year or next.
Of course he’ll take a finals berth if it presents. Part of the opportunity will be resultant on the fortunes of other teams ahead of us though and there in lies the folly of perusing a finals finish in your first year. You can only worry about what you can affect. Our 23 squad is not a top 8 team as it currently stands.
He is working towards having a bombproof squad where even 4 or 5 injuries won’t stop the momentum. That takes time.
Fk u don’t give up easily do you…What your saying isn’t wrong , we are just on different tracks (see how I did that) ...with sheens It’s like asking a serial killer to buy his mother a bottle of alcohol from the corner store. That will be his primary goal and that should work out fine, but he’s going to kill at every opportunity anyway. Ain’t no changing that regardless of what’s best. Same with sheens, he’s won so many premierships - 4, it’s in his DNA that he can’t start a season without thoughts of at least top 8, preferably better or something to bring back that “I am that fkn good” feeling with all the adulation. I think Most coaches are the same at the start of each season, Except for that bludger Madge of course.

That’s why sheens coaches and no bastard is going to take that away from him, regardless of the official primary goal, thats signed sealed and filed away. If they did he’d probably lose interest. Now come on, you have to get that. You’d claim it yourself if I didn’t say it first?

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
They also had a top tier controlling halfback, an electrifying point scoring fullback and the greatest attacking player of the past 50 years.
The problem with having genuine champions at WT ie the best of the best is there’s a couple of small minded WT fans who can’t handle the personality’s that are required to be that champion. eg: Benji Nofo Robbie, Fall into line, dont show that side. We want pleasant, humble, dont make waves, dont make out your better or know more. We want Noddy nobody’s here, that do and act as we expect.Or we will turn on you..

Sorry the personality comes with the champion. It’s one package. Lucky sheens can handle them. Go Nofo, show ‘em how it’s done

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Fk u don’t give up easily do you…What your saying isn’t wrong , we are just on different tracks (see how I did that) ...with sheens It’s like asking a murderer to buy his mother a bottle of alcohol from the corner store. That will be his primary goal and that should work out fine, but he’s going to kill at every opportunity anyway. Ain’t no changing that regardless of what’s best. Same with sheens he’s won so many premierships - 4, it’s in his DNA to not start a season without thoughts of top 8, preferably better or something to bring back that “I am that fkn good” feeling with all the adulation and legend status that gos with it. . (Most coaches I think are the same at the start of each season, Except for that bludger Madge of course)

That’s why sheens coaches and no bastard is going to take that away from him regardless of the official primary goal, thats signed sealed and filed away. If they did he’d probably lose interest. Now come on you have to get that. You’d claim it yourself if I didn’t say it first?
Ps..The lack of good backs is not that serious a problem with sheens. I’ve noticed lately he seems to be able to pull game changers out of his arse, at will.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Ps..The lack of good backs is not that serious a problem with sheens. I’ve noticed lately he seems to be able to pull game changers out of his arse, at will.
What the hell has happened to you WA Tiger?
You have been making so many good posts and making so much sense this year.
Great stuff !

WA Tiger

Bench
What the hell has happened to you WA Tiger?
You have been making so many good posts and making so much sense this year.
Great stuff !
Cheers..I bought a dog..maybe?..It was either a dog or a gun.You know how it is out there. ..You too bro..What’s going on

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Cheers..I bought a dog..maybe?..It was either a dog or a gun.You know how it is out there. ..You too bro..What’s going on
Ha ha ha !
I do know how it can be sometimes. Dog was definitely the best decision.
Maybe if you and I can change so much in a short time the Tigers on field performance can too.

Latest posts