What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R1 Fri - Warriors 20-12 Newcastle @ Wellington

Round 1: Warriors v Newcastle

• Warriors

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Newcastle Knights

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
Well done to the warriors , I think th surprise plenty this year. Still need Vlokmam or Metcalfe to oust Johnson.

The twins were strong for the Knights, Miller looks very promising. Lots of nice forward hand offs from the 7, that’s all you want from your half right?

flippikat

Bench
Warriors showing good signs with some gritty defence. They now have a fullback that isn't a speed bump as a last line of defence ( was the difference you could say).
Johnson looks like he wants to play too. Should be a decent year, might make the 8.
From what I've seen tonight - the defence is gutsy & tenacious - we'll certainly be in the contest for the last few top 8 places - and could finish anywhere from 6th to 10th.

If we improve in attack, we could do even better than that.

Gobsmacked

Bench
From what I've seen tonight - the defence is gutsy & tenacious - we'll certainly be in the contest for the last few top 8 places - and could finish anywhere from 6th to 10th.

If we improve in attack, we could do even better than that.
I'd like to see Medcalf at 6. He looked great in the trials. Martin was alright but very quiet, lacks confidence.
It's a well balanced team and a win on the back of defence is the right type of confidence to start the season.

Latest posts