What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R23 Thu - Sydney 26-16 Manly @ SCG

Round 23: Sydney v Manly

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Lol at Nein doing a big “Roosters run the the finals” thing after the game, I’ve seen marked down half price bbq chooks at woolies that were less cooked. At best they could be an 8th placed speed bump.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Just saw the Brown send off. The NRL is a clown show lmao.

The send off has been dead all year and that's the tackle that resurrects it? Holmes would have been drawn and quartered last week based on that

Frailty

First Grade
Just saw the Brown send off. The NRL is a clown show lmao.

The send off has been dead all year and that's the tackle that resurrects it? Holmes would have been drawn and quartered last week based on that

Brown came flying in from a distance to make a hit, raised up to make the tackle, Ben Trbojevic was completely upright and didn't drop, and Brown makes direct contact to the head.

Holmes comes flying in from a distance to shut down a backline movement, stays low, and makes direct contact to the head after Campbell drops just before contact.

The key thing here is that there are no mitigating circumstances for Brown. Trbojevic is tall, upright, and doesn't change levels before contact. Brown makes the effort to tackle high.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Midget brown had to jump to make shoulder to head contact. Travis Burns would’ve got the death penalty for that hit.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I watch Brad Parker and generally think he seems solid, competitive, competent, then I watch him up against a world class centre and he looks like rookie having a bad day.

Sean7

Juniors
Midget brown had to jump to make shoulder to head contact. Travis Burns would’ve got the death penalty for that hit.
He only left the ground after he bounced off him so the rationale for the send off was incorrect. Regardless, it looks like he's barely getting a suspension too. Any tackle worthy of a send off should be 4 plus weeks in my opinion. I'm not arguing whether it should or shouldn't be a send off, because it's completely random. What I'm saying is either the referee was wrong or the judiciary is wrong because the two do not add up.