What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R26 Fri - Warriors 18-6 St Geo Illa @ Go Media

Round 26: Warriors v St Geo Illa

• Warriors

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazal

Post Whore
AFAIK you need to ground it on purpose (however they judge that).... same as when the fullback can take the ball in their own in-goal, ball can hit the ground when in their grasp, but they can get up and keep going.

I mean it's simpler than that even for this one you can't ground a ball by trying to pick it up.

Maximus

Coach
AFAIK you need to ground it on purpose (however they judge that).... same as when the fullback can take the ball in their own in-goal, ball can hit the ground when in their grasp, but they can get up and keep going.

They regularly call it grounded when someone gets ankle tapped and the ball touches the ground.

Bazal

Post Whore
He's forced the ball onto the ground.
Absolutely clear.

Mate he defs didn't. I reckon you need to join me for an Urkel tbh

139211-1.png

This Year?

Immortal
Looked it up, the law states:

"Grounding the Ball in own In Goal

For the ball to be deemed dead the player in possession must intentionally ground the ball in his own in-goal"
Ok fair enough.
I thought it didn't matter if intentional or not.

Apey

Staff member
Looked it up, the law states:

"Grounding the Ball in own In Goal

For the ball to be deemed dead the player in possession must intentionally ground the ball in his own in-goal"
How's this work when a player gets tackled in the ingoal though and they say he grounded it because the ball touched some grass during the struggle?

Theoretical question. So if you’re in the opponent’s in goal near the corner, you can pick it up and run it closer to the sticks without it being deemed a try from where you picked it up near the corner?

flippikat

Bench
This has got to be the derpiest game I've seen in a while. Just clunky all over.

That last try sums it up.

The Warriors seem to be taking up some perverse challenge to win more ugly with each successive week.

If that trend continues, I can't begin to imagine the dumpster fire against The Dolphins next week.

Yet the Warriors just keep winning.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
It was really disturbing how a couple of minor changes to our edges and we had no idea how to attack at all. Certainly wasn’t a very inspiring audition for Curran at right centre.

Latest posts