What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R4 Sun - Warriors 16-14 Canterbury @ Mt Smart

Round 4: Warriors v Canterbury

• Warriors

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 4
Warriors v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Mt Smart Stadium, Penrose, Penrose (TICKETS)
Sunday 26 March 2023

Gates 11:30am / SG Ball U18s (WAR v CBY) 11:40am / NSW Cup (WAR v CBY) 1:40pm (FOX 11:30am AEDT) / NRL kickoff 4:00pm, broadcast live at 2pm AEDT on Fox League & Kayo Sports

WAR2022TEAM.png

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Edward Kosi 3. Viliami Vailea 4. Adam Pompey 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Freddy Lussick 10. Bunty Afoa 11. Jackson Ford 12. Marata Niukore 13. Tohu Harris 14. Dylan Walker 15. Bayley Sironen 16. Jazz Tevaga 17. Tom Ale 18. Josh Curran 20. Taine Tuaupiki 21. Ronald Volkman 22. Rocco Berry 23. Demitric Sifakula

CBY2023TEAM.png

1. Hayze Perham 2. Jacob Kiraz 3. Jake Averillo 4. Paul Alamoti 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Max King 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Ryan Sutton 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Jacob Preston 13. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 14. Jayden Okunbor 15. Corey Waddell 16. Jayden Tanner 17. Fa'amanu Brown 19. Braidon Burns 20. Josh Reynolds 21. Karl Oloapu 22. Jackson Topine 23. Kurtis Morrin

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Peter Gough
Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, Dan Munroe
Video Referee: Ben Cummins

LOWER GRADES:
Warriors^ v Canterbury^ at Mt Smart, Sun - NSW Cup 11:30am AEDT
Canterbury^ - Flegg BYE​

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Warriors have been very impressive the first 3 weeks. Them to continue the momentum here.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Be a good test for the Dogs. Warriors defence has been solid. Still not sold on their attacking structures. Will be a close one.

Leber

Bench
That Bulldogs team is actually pretty decent.

I think this will be closer than people think.

flippikat

Bench
This is going to be a great test for the two big improvers from last season.

Even though the attack hasn't completely clicked yet, the attitude on defense (especially goal-line D) & home crowd support should see the Warriors take this one.

I can understand the new coach wanting to sort out defense FIRST...and that is already reaping rewards - but look out when that Warriors attack properly clicks, though.. I imagine that'll be around Origin time.

Dogs Of War

Coach
That Bulldogs team is actually pretty decent.

I think this will be closer than people think.

Warriors defensively have been good. While the Bulldogs have there moments. I think the Bulldogs have more in attack, but not by much.

flippikat

Bench
Warriors defensively have been good. While the Bulldogs have there moments. I think the Bulldogs have more in attack, but not by much.
Yeah, it certainly strikes me as a clash of a Warriors team that has their defense just about sorted (but a bit off on attack) vs a Bulldogs team with their attack just about sorted (but a bit off on defense).

Interesting proposition.

ouwet

Bench
Our bench is poor!

Our whole front row along with the big boys on the bench are missing except King.

We've been lucky the last 2 weeks to get away with the win cause the boys and especially our middles are gassed late in the game, same thing happened against Manly who ran away with it.

Warriors by 20 unfortunately with the majority of that coming in the last 15 mins.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
This is going to be a great test for the two big improvers from last season.

Even though the attack hasn't completely clicked yet, the attitude on defense (especially goal-line D) & home crowd support should see the Warriors take this one.

I can understand the new coach wanting to sort out defense FIRST...and that is already reaping rewards - but look out when that Warriors attack properly clicks, though.. I imagine that'll be around Origin time.
Losing Metcalf in the preseason really stung. Looked like he had that variety in attack the warriors really needed

Grapple

Bench
Warriors at home have the edge. They've looked good. But missing Egan will hurt them, he's a smart player who is pretty sneaky around the ruck.

I remember being at last years game and enjoying the Burton bombs, but we didn't have much more than that. We're definitely better this year, so I don't expect them to smash us but SJ could have one of those days where he turns it on.

A nice clear day here, might get a bit cloudy later but should be a great game to watch.

Meth

Staff member
Yeah, most seem to have a pretty good idea here. Its a game that is up for grabs and will probably be revealing. Good test for both teams.

As a Warriors supporter, winning games in succession and building momentum tends to be an issue. Also, winning the games that we should win...not that the Bulldogs are easy beats, by any means. But probably, sides that are genuine contenders should probably beat this Bulldogs team.

Not at all confident, but hopeful.

Egan and Barnett are big outs.