What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R8 ANZAC DAY - Sydney 27-26 St Geo Illa @ Allianz

Round 8: Sydney v St Geo Illa

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
How about that Smith play the ball ignored?
Yep, identical to Bird’s. I don’t understand why we’re pulling it up when play hasn’t broken down.

Happened to Wighton earlier in the season too, so they’re reasonably consistent (apart from the example you mentioned) but it’s a needless change. If they really want to fix sloppy play the balls, enforce the rules as written and make the players rise to their feet before placing the ball on the ground. If the defenders slow it down, penalise them.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Yep, identical to Bird’s. I don’t understand why we’re pulling it up when play hasn’t broken down.

Happened to Wighton earlier in the season too, so they’re reasonably consistent (apart from the example you mentioned) but it’s a needless change. If they really want to fix sloppy play the balls, enforce the rules as written and make the players rise to their feet before placing the ball on the ground. If the defenders slow it down, penalise them.
Not even identical, at least Bird used his foot. Smith just bunny hopped over the ball, was way worse.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Now that the game is over and I dont look like a sore loser... that was the softest sin bin you will ever see. IF (and its a big if) he contacted the head... it wad a head clash first and accidnetal contact from there.
No, shoulder to jaw before head to head contact.

GongPanther

Referee
A pair of lowly sides was always going to provide an exciting and even competition. Too bad there was a loser. Griffen should hold his rebuilding job unless they want another 10 years of misery.

lockscombi

Juniors
Great game dragons. As i said pre-game, Roosters attack, especially in the 2nd half is shithouse. Sloan almost won the game on his own. He's a star in the making. Suli is an absolute tank and De Belin was sensational today. Dragons fans. I keep repeating myself, but hold your heads high. Tremendous effort

lockscombi

Juniors
Radly got the HAT TRICK in sin bins! LOL

If there was a market for it. That would of paid at least 1000:1

Vic Mackey

Referee
Great fight back from the dragons, Sloan starting to fulfill the potential he’s shown the last couple of years.

roosters, man are they low key pretty shit? My mate who’s a chooks fan told me the other week he reckons they’ll miss the 8. Might not be far off.