What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R8 Thu - Souths 20-18 Penrith @ Accor

Round 8: Souths v Penrith

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 8
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Penrith Panthers
Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park / Wanngal, Sydney Olympic Park (TICKETS)
Thursday 20 April 2023

Gates 5:10pm, NSW Cup 5:25pm, NRL kicks off at 7:50pm. Broadcast live on Nine Network, 9 Now, Fox League and Kayo Sports.

SOU2022TEAM.png

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Isaiah Tass 4. Campbell Graham 5. Izaac Tu’itupou Thompson 6. Cody Walker 7. Lachlan Ilias 8. Jai Arrow 9. Damien Cook 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Michael Chee Kam 12. Jacob Host 13. Cameron Murray 14. Jed Cartwright 15. Daniel Suluka-Fifita 16. Hame Sele 17. Davvy Moale 18. Taane Milne 19. Blake Taaffe 20. Josiah Karapani 21. Ben Lovett 22. Tallis Duncan

Out: Taane Milne (wing), Keaon Koloamatangi (second row)
In: Izaac Thompson (wing), Michael Chee-Kam (second row)
Changes: Hame Sele (front row to bench), Jai Arrow (bench to front row)

PEN2022TEAM.png

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Sunia Turuva 3. Izack Tago 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Moses Leota 9. Mitch Kenny 10. Matt Eisenhuth 11. Scott Sorensen 12. Zac Hosking 13. Isaah Yeo 14. Soni Luke 15. Lindsay Smith 16. Spencer Leniu 17. Jaeman Salmon 18. Luke Garner 19. Eddie Blacker 20. Liam Henry 21. Jack Cogger 22. Tyrone Peachey

Out: Liam Martin (second row)
In: Lindsay Smith (bench)
Changes: Scott Sorensen (bench to second row)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Matt Noyen, Nick Beashel
Video Referee: Adam Gee

LOWER GRADES
Souths^ v Penrith^ at Accor, Thu - NSW Cup 5:25pm
Souths^ v Penrith^ at Redfern, Sat - Flegg 1pm​

Last edited:

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The overweight, unfit, lazy Souths fullback keeps Penrith in this after a short turn around. He's yet to beat PENRITH! playing in the 1 it's now or never

yobbo84

First Grade
Absolute genius scheduling once again from the NRL. When one Thursday night clash between these two isn't enough...

soc123_au

Staff member
South's better hope noone hits Chinry across the chest at any point. The unwashed West will storm Redfern in a hundred thousand VL Commodores
Tell us your nipples are located on your throat without telling us your nipples are on your throat.

yobbo84

First Grade
I swear this game has already been played
It has. It'll be a tight tussle to start, and after about 30 minutes the Panthers will score a quick try or two through sheer PANTHERS bullcrap (47 random passes followed by a kick that bounces perfectly into the chest of a chaser).

Then, in the second half our back three will be found out by some smart kicking and we'll lose something like 26-12.

Story of the last three years.

GongPanther

Referee
Another tight tussle as usual with the Panthers forward's defence being the difference. Panthers will defend all night, and wait for those inevitable mistakes by Souths for Penrith to pounce.

26-12 FT

Fangs

Coach
Edging towards Penrith. We have some big outs but Souths have some losses in the pack as well.

11/13 matches won by Penrith since 2018. So Penrith to continue their dominance over the Rabbits.

yobbo84

First Grade
The best we've looked against the Panthers in recent years is Round 23 last year, where save for a Jaxson Paulo all-time shocker (note: stupid dickheads threatening him after the game need a head examination), we would have won well.

We played some footy that game instead of just trying to match them with a low percentage, yardage game (note: we can't, not many clubs can). We threw the ball wide often and early and cut them up on the edges.

If we just go one-out, they'll pin us in our corners all game and it'll be the same old story.

At least our matches are never boring I guess.

yobbo84

First Grade
Edging towards Penrith. We have some big outs but Souths have some losses in the pack as well.

11/13 matches won by Penrith since 2018. So Penrith to continue their dominance over the Rabbits.
JFH/Martin and Tatola/Koloamatangi cancel each other out so no excuses

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The best we've looked against the Panthers in recent years is Round 23 last year, where save for a Jaxson Paulo all-time shocker (note: stupid dickheads threatening him after the game need a head examination), we would have won well.

We played some footy that game instead of just trying to match them with a low percentage, yardage game (note: we can't, not many clubs can). We threw the ball wide often and early and cut them up on the edges.

If we just go one-out, they'll pin us in our corners all game and it'll be the same old story.

At least our matches are never boring I guess.
The best you've looked and you actually won the game was when you a competent fullback

Kilkenny

Coach
I don’t think past history, 11 from 13 means too much.

Both teams go into this game pretty evenly matched although the Bunnies on paper have more significant outs thru injury.

I wouldn’t be so bold as to suggest who the Bunnies miss most, I’m sure there fans no better than me, but I tend to think they are a better side when Havili is fit and available.