What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Rabbitohs All Stars

callmack1

Staff member
Jeez this game is getting closer at a rapid rate of knots!! Under two weeks to go now!! It kicks off the year and we are so damn close! Exciting times.

Particularly excited for this year as I'll get to go and experience my first All Stars game live! We have great seats right on halfway. So pumped and All Stars weekend can't come soon enough!

Squads got named today,

Seven Rabbitohs set to represent in this year's All Stars: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...ohs-set-to-represent-in-this-years-all-stars/

Indigenous superstars named, Manu set to shoulder the load in young Maori side: https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/01/25/manu-set-to-shoulder-the-load-in-young-mori-side/

Congrats to all our players selected!

Indigenous squad is stronger than last year with the addition of Trell and Cody while the Maori side is weaker, no doubt.

callmack1

Staff member
I can't believe I'm finally saying this but Footy is finally back, All Stars week is officially here!! How bloody exciting! We've been waiting a long time for this and I'm sure it won't disappoint.

All Stars week is always one of the most special weeks of the year. A week full of passion, celebration, respect and learning of two great cultures. I like to pay attention to the build up and kind of get amongst it as a fan so I find I always learn something new, and I'm sure it's like that for many players too.

The 2023 edition of the All Stars shapes up to be the most special one yet for me as it's played over here in NZ for the first time. That's gonna be pretty special and I can't tell you how excited I am to go and watch it live!! We have great seats right on the halfway line.

We have four Rabbitohs to look forward to watching on Saturday in Trell (hopefully), Cody, Tassy and Shaq. Let's hope they all shine.

Special week, soak it all in everyone!!

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
Harvey Norman All Stars Wrap - Day 1: https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/02/07/all-stars-wrap---day-1/

Harvey Norman All Stars squad lists: https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/02/04/updated-teams-for-2023-harvey-norman-all-stars/

Now that the line ups have been announced, I think it's safe to say that the Indigenous team looks a lot stronger on paper. Pretty disappointing that this is the first time it's been played over here in NZ, but the Maori have to field a somewhat depleted side.

Great to see both Shaq and Tassy make the 17! That's awesome!

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
Well, what an incredible evening that was! So incredible in fact, that I'd say that's one of the best experiences of my life in terms of live sport. It was just fantastic! Passionate fans everywhere, and atmosphere that I haven't quite experienced before. Two passionate cultures, spine-tingling war cries and a great, close game to top it all off!

No doubt the Indigenous side was thwe better team in the end but I am surprised with how that game went. When you look at who pulled out of the Maori side, I expected the Indigenous to win easily but that wasn't the case at all. The Maori put up one hell of a fight and almost won the bloody thing! Great game.

I thought our boys went okay. Trell was surprisingly quiet and didn't do much to be fair, Cody set up plenty and had a pretty good, scheming day. Shaq and Tassy were also very solid and did their jobs.

What a special edition of the first All Stars game in NZ! First of many I hope. What a privilege to be there.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just finished the game really enjoyed it thought overall it was pretty well reffed by Gerard Sutton as well.

Noticed quite a number of people in Souths gear when they showed the camera onto the crowd was great to see!

callmack1

Staff member
Just finished the game really enjoyed it thought overall it was pretty well reffed by Gerard Sutton as well.

Noticed quite a number of people in Souths gear when they showed the camera onto the crowd was great to see!
Honestly bro there was soooo many Souths supporters there! I met a few. Everyone I saw who looked pretty hard out, I went and chatted to. Even saw a few fellow members caps getting around. Pretty cool.

callmack1

Staff member
I didn't want to say too much until I got home and watched the game on TV but being there and watching it live, Trell looked a little off the pace and he didn't do much all game to be fair. That was confirmed to me watching the TV version.

Do we think it's any cause for concern that in such a big game, a mega star like him didn't do much? By all reports, he's the fittest he's ever been this time of year so I'm not sure that it's a fitness issue.

Hopefully it's more just him coasting through the game a bit so he's not putting himself at risk. If that's the case, I'm not complaining.

Thoughts?

callmack1

Staff member
Anyways, what a fantastic All Stars week. One of the best I can remember. The coverage and build up during the week was great, made sure I was soaking it all in. And then that game and being there live just topped it all off.

It's days like that yesterday that I am extremely proud to be a Kiwi. Our country put on a great show.

Latest posts