What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Championship, L1 and other comps

Wb1234

Immortal
Nope still a rovers season ticket holder when we were in the third division. I was in Bradford for uni so odsal was our regular pss up night. Good times.

if youd have asked me mid 90’s if Bradford would go bust and disappear from SL I’d have said you were insane.such are the vagaries of sport, no guarantees. Enjoy the highs whilst they last, because they rarely last long.
Fan base is still there

One of the biggest English rl clubs

Perth Red

Post Whore
They might not have won a game yet but great to see Newcastle still in there after the troubles they have had.
1712029562565.png

Perth Red

Post Whore
North Wales Crusaders are excited to announce that the club has reached an agreement with ELKALEH LLC of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, for the group to acquire a majority shareholding of the club, subject to the approval of the Rugby Football League.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Open Letter From Andy Moulsdale, CEO​

I’m sure that you’ll have seen the news by now regarding the club reaching an agreement with Elkaleh LLC for the group to purchase a majority shareholding of the club pending approval from the Rugby Football League.

I thought it an important time to write to you all to provide some background to the move and the reasons for us to all be excited.

On the back of the release of our appeal a few weeks ago, we were approached by Jamie who expressed an interest in taking a majority share of the club and developing us across every area both on and off the field.

Following full RFL approval in the coming weeks, you shall all have the opportunity to meet and hear from Jamie and his family, as they share with you their vision and passion for the journey which they want to take the club on.

Having been personally affected by the poor ownership prior to my tenure as CEO, I can assure you that detailed conversations have taken place in addition to appropriate due diligence undertaken to ensure that this great club shall be in very safe hands moving forward.

As for the day-to-day running of the club, whilst changes shall happen, the regular faces, myself included, shall remain in roles under the new ownership structure.

Times have been hard of late, but it’s of great testimony to you as supporters that we stand in a position today whereby someone would want to come in and invest in the club to take it to the next level.

That thanks extends to our incredible volunteers, and also the assistance of the supporters trust in years gone by, in addition to each and everyone of you who generously donated to our BackTheCru appeal.

Short-term, the support and generosity shown by our fans and the rugby community was invaluable to the club.

Whilst more information and plans shall be made public following RFL approval of the deal, all that’s left for me to do is provide a warm welcome to Elkaleh LLC, and encourage the public of North Wales to get behind the club as we begin what’s set to be an exciting journey moving forward. This a massive opportunity to for the club and Welsh rugby league in general.

I look forward to seeing you all at Stadiwm CSM on Saturday evening when we welcome Oldham to Colwyn Bay.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Congrats to York on being the first women’s team to win back to back titles. For a small city with no strong RL heritage York women’s side are pretty amazing.

IMG_2013.jpeg

Northern

Juniors
Two tight semis in the Championship. Sets up Wakefield v Toulouse final. Bradford miss out by a point after two sin-binnings. Still, season of much progression on and off the field for the Bulls.

warriors 95

Juniors
Two tight semis in the Championship. Sets up Wakefield v Toulouse final. Bradford miss out by a point after two sin-binnings. Still, season of much progression on and off the field for the Bulls.
What’s the bulls progression this season down to mate?

have they had some money pumped into them and maybe linked up with super league sides for dual reg players?

also is the bulls academy teams still pumping out talented players?

Northern

Juniors
New ownership few years back. Got some investment from a local firm this year. Done well commercially. No dual registration with a super league club, but have one with Rochdale in division below to give some youngsters game time. Academy still going strong. I know I am biased, but without the sin bins yesterday pretty certain they’d have made the final. That would have been a further boost. Sadly, all a long way from being World Club champions, but moving forward at last. Amateur game still going well in the city, but would be stronger with Bulls back in the big time. Interesting to see how they fair in the IMG rankings.

warriors 95

Juniors
New ownership few years back. Got some investment from a local firm this year. Done well commercially. No dual registration with a super league club, but have one with Rochdale in division below to give some youngsters game time. Academy still going strong. I know I am biased, but without the sin bins yesterday pretty certain they’d have made the final. That would have been a further boost. Sadly, all a long way from being World Club champions, but moving forward at last. Amateur game still going well in the city, but would be stronger with Bulls back in the big time. Interesting to see how they fair in the IMG rankings.
Great news about local investment and academy still going strong.

are the bulls playing at odsal next year as I seem to remember reading that the bulls were threatening to move out of the city and playing at dewsbury?

Northern

Juniors
Great news about local investment and academy still going strong.

are the bulls playing at odsal next year as I seem to remember reading that the bulls were threatening to move out of the city and playing at dewsbury?
They moved out to Dewsbury a few years back, but we’re back this season and will be playing in Bradford, at Odsal Stadium, for the foreseeable thankfully.

warriors 95

Juniors
They moved out to Dewsbury a few years back, but we’re back this season and will be playing in Bradford, at Odsal Stadium, for the foreseeable thankfully.
Great news.

RL needs a strong Bradford bulls playing in super league.

do you still think there’s latent support for the bulls in the city and what kind of crowds could they expect to get in super league as a bottom half of the league team?

Northern

Juniors
There is latent support, I’m sure. I would think getting back in SuperLeague they’d hope for 8-10k, with bigger crowds with large away following crowds eg Leeds, Wigan, Saints, etc.

warriors 95

Juniors
There is latent support, I’m sure. I would think getting back in SuperLeague they’d hope for 8-10k, with bigger crowds with large away following crowds eg Leeds, Wigan, Saints, etc.
Yeah, it all depends on form but I’m sure a bulls team finishing in and around the bottom half of the league could get a hardcore support base of around 6k-7k that swells to around 10k with away support especially from the Yorkshire teams like Leeds, both hull sides and castleford.

Latest posts