What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Club Awards

Apey

Staff member
Meant to post this earlier. Going on now.

I haven't kept up with all the awards but the last few

NSW Cup Player of the Year - Tom Cant
Rookie of the Year - Fletcher Sharpe
Knight in Shining Armour (Moment) - Friz (RD3 I think)
Gladiator of the Year (Old Boys) - Dane Gagai
Club Person of the Year - Jae Nelson (Multimedia producer lol)
Player's Player - Dane Gagai
Danny Buderus Medal (POTY) - Dane Gagai

Last edited:

Zoidberg

First Grade
Meant to post this earlier. Going on now.

I haven't kept up with all the awards but the last few

NSW Cup Player of the Year - Tom Cant
Rookie of the Year - Fletcher Sharpe
Knight in Shining Armour (Moment) - Friz (RD3 I think)
Gladiator of the Year (Old Boys) - Dane Gagai
Club Person of the Year - Jae Nelson (Multimedia producer lol)
Player's Player - Dane Gagai
Danny Buderus Medal (POTY) - Dane Gagai
So ironic that our player of the year blew a huge chance of us winning last weekend.

perverse

Referee
So ironic that our player of the year blew a huge chance of us winning last weekend.
Absolutely crushing moment tbh. On the weight of his effort this year, he deserved to catch that and score the try. I was shattered for both of them in that moment.

All of those awards are well deserved by Gags though. On the whole, he had a tremendous year.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I don’t think there’s a guarantee that Gags scores even if he catches it. He would have been off balance and I’m pretty sure there was at least one defender in his vicinity, also Gags isn’t the quickest outside back out there either.

Ultimately, KP should have thrown it inside to Gamble who was unmarked and no-one was catching him. But these are split second decisions that are being made so it’s forgivable imo.

Personally I think the reason we lost that game was our poor start to the 2nd half. If we had continued to squeeze the cowboys for another 20 mins or so I think we would have won the game anyway. But hey hindsight is 20/20 isn’t it.

Yosh

Coach
It would have so wonderful we had scored that try and won the game... So wonderful...

Woody90

Juniors
I don’t think there’s a guarantee that Gags scores even if he catches it. He would have been off balance and I’m pretty sure there was at least one defender in his vicinity, also Gags isn’t the quickest outside back out there either.

Ultimately, KP should have thrown it inside to Gamble who was unmarked and no-one was catching him. But these are split second decisions that are being made so it’s forgivable imo.

Personally I think the reason we lost that game was our poor start to the 2nd half. If we had continued to squeeze the cowboys for another 20 mins or so I think we would have won the game anyway. But hey hindsight is 20/20 isn’t it.

Yep, everyone talks about that moment but in reality it was lost in the forward battle giving us zero opportunities in attacking positions and Simple Jack’s error didn’t help.

The Gagai dropped ball was only such a big deal because it was really the only opportunity we had in the second half. We give ourselves better opportunities and all of a sudden that error doesn’t matter. That dropped ball by Gagai/poor pass decision by Ponga happens in every single game by every team, but it’s only stood out due to the circumstances.

Latest posts