What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Brian potter

Bench
Look I know you copped a lot today and made a bit of a dick of yourself. I just want to assure you that you deserved it and I enjoyed my bit immensely.
All part of debating on a internet forum mate.

I actually enjoy it and don’t take myself too seriously.

you should try it mate.

final say

Juniors
I don’t have an issue with any of that but I genuinely thought that the Brisbane public would have gotten behind this game a little more what with the dolphins current form&league standing and the ANZAC commemorations.
Well fair enough I suppose but there's a whole bunch of factors that come into it. People in Brisbane heading to Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast for the Weekend is 1 ( you'd be surprised just how f**ked the M1 is on a Sunday afternoon with people returning) the form of Newcastle has been rubbish and that was before KP was out! That and they are probably the least interesting franchise in the comp and the Dolphins were missing arguably their best 3 players! Probably the worst 2 teams on paper for the round.
Anyway, I'll never be bitching about 18k.

T-Boon

Coach
You're just making stuff up now. The Titans crowds for 2008 had the following crowds all worse than today's game: 17,381 v Canberra / 17,759 v Penrith / 15,136 v Newcastle

The Titans average in 2008 was 21,618. Dolphins are averaging 24,187 at Suncorp so far this year and haven't even hosted the likes of Broncos, Warriors or Storm, which are the bigger games. Even including the Redcliffe game, the club is at 20,643.

The stats you produced back me up.
The crowd in question was 18k. Significantly worse than the Titans in year 2 were averaging - 21k.

final say

Juniors
You're just making stuff up now. The Titans crowds for 2008 had the following crowds all worse than today's game: 17,381 v Canberra / 17,759 v Penrith / 15,136 v Newcastle

The Titans average in 2008 was 21,618. Dolphins are averaging 24,187 at Suncorp so far this year and haven't even hosted the likes of Broncos, Warriors or Storm, which are the bigger games. Even including the Redcliffe game, the club is at 20,643.
Let's not forget, that they were playing in a brand new stadium.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Every game this week is set to be rain affected, and quite significantly in Sydney and Newcastle.

Check out the Sydney forecast starting Thursday:

Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 7.31.11 pm.png

T-Boon

Coach
Brand new stadium when you're the only club in the city is no comparison.
Not to mention that we are in a cost of living crisis.
This is like comparing apples with a car battery.
I take no satisfaction that I have won this argument.
I want the Dolphins to get their average up over 30k pronto. I am just saying they are making dumb suburban decisions. It seems you can take the club out of the burbs, but you can't take the burb out of the club.
Solutions: Start with the name. Call them Brisbane Dolphins.

Brian potter

Bench
Well fair enough I suppose but there's a whole bunch of factors that come into it. People in Brisbane heading to Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast for the Weekend is 1 ( you'd be surprised just how f**ked the M1 is on a Sunday afternoon with people returning) the form of Newcastle has been rubbish and that was before KP was out! That and they are probably the least interesting franchise in the comp and the Dolphins were missing arguably their best 3 players! Probably the worst 2 teams on paper for the round.
Anyway, I'll never be bitching about 18k.
If anything the dolphins really need to consider future scheduling for hom games against the knights.