What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

yobbo84

Coach
They announced 12 thousand and something at Accor. Our fans have given up on 2024 it seems.

Honestly if I could have been bothered I would've been able to count the Sharks fans. Would have been around to 500 of them tops. Such a weird mob. And yes, I live in the Shire.

I'd say a fair few sydneysiders would have stayed at home tonight considering the events there this afternoon.
might have knocked 1-2k off the Souths crowd. Probably had little impact on the parramatta crowd given the timing. The A-League still drew a good crowd at Allianz.

Perth Red

Post Whore
They announced 12 thousand and something at Accor. Our fans have given up on 2024 it seems.

Honestly if I could have been bothered I would've been able to count the Sharks fans. Would have been around to 500 of them tops. Such a weird mob. And yes, I live in the Shire.
come on you can’t possibly expect fans to travel all the way to Accor to support their team lol. I mean it’s a whole 30kms.

Iamback

Coach
On public transport, it can be two hours there, and two hours back from the shire.

I went to a concert in the city last night, A few lines had trackwork. I think Sutherland was one.
Again no one is going to go to every possible game in Sydney.

Sharks fans like others will choose select games. I doubt changing trains multiple times is on that list

Valheru

Coach
Regardless of how little they brought last night, it's not the sharks responsibility to draw Souths a respectable crowd. If you listen to Souths fans, they are the most popular sporting club on the planet so should have more than enough to draw 15k plus against any opponent

Iamback

Coach
Regardless of how little they brought last night, it's not the sharks responsibility to draw Souths a respectable crowd. If you listen to Souths fans, they are the most popular sporting club on the planet so should have more than enough to draw 15k plus against any opponent

Until they let pets into the ground then all those pet memberships do zero for crowd numbers

Saxon

Bench
Im asking a question hence the question mark.

what makes Friday night less popular than Saturday or Sunday afternoon/evening?

was there a Aussie rules game on at the same time?
Early game Friday night is a pain in the ass.
Finish work, get home, clean up, feed the kids etc., get dressed, get to the game - if you're lucky find time to eat yourself somewhere in there.
In Melbourne, most tradies - who might finish early - generally live in the outer suburbs so it takes longer to get there. If you have an office job in the city you probably don't finish 'til 5 so have an hour to get there; basically you have to go straight from work.
And Melbourne has pretty good (for Australia) public transport and a magnificent central sporting precinct. Drops you right at the ground. God help you trying to get to an early game after work Friday in Sydney.

Basically, most Aussies are fairly laid back and don't want to start the weekend with a mad rush to get to the footy.

Last edited:

DIOGENES

Juniors
It’s good to be getting back to the normal procedure for this thread.

It has always been a place to attack the NRL and its followers.
All that was needed was a recalibration: where once <10K was “disgusting” it is now <15K. The bare pass mark for a round has now been reset at 150K.
Given these parameters we can get back to business as usual.

Vlad59

Bench
It’s good to be getting back to the normal procedure for this thread.

It has always been a place to attack the NRL and its followers.
All that was needed was a recalibration: where once <10K was “disgusting” it is now <15K. The bare pass mark for a round has now been reset at 150K.
Given these parameters we can get back to business as usual.
Good summary. And we’ve now got Pommy Brian to take the negative lead.

taste2taste

Juniors
Especially when the ESL average crowd is about 9K. Highest club average last year was the Pie-eaters with 13,497!

Attendance Boost for Super League.
Super League crowds have been on the up, over 10k average making it the 4th best attended league/Union competition on the planet.

Over the next decade it'll grow further under IMG ... and hopefully the NRL.

Latest posts