What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Wb1234

Referee
Two top 4 teams from 2023. Now Top 2 in 2024. Playing in front of 12,000.

And nobody thought in advance how bad a look for the game that will be.
Tbf to sharks home ground advantage is theirs to benefit from

they are trying to win their second comp

the nrl could have a policy of having a Sydney match of the round every Sunday at Allianz like they used to do in the 60s with the scg

Iamback

Coach
This will 100% be in the papers this week. If I were the NRL, I would have paid the Sharks to move the game.

12k at Cronulla will be pathetic.

15k at SFS would be pathetic.

It's a top of the table clash featuring 2 Sydney teams. Anything under 20k is an absolute joke.

This will 100% be in the papers this week. If I were the NRL, I would have paid the Sharks to move the game.

12k at Cronulla will be pathetic.

15k at SFS would be pathetic.

It's a top of the table clash featuring 2 Sydney teams. Anything under 20k is an absolute joke

You are looking at an hour travel for Sharks fans to a home game.

Similar from Penrith

It is that 5.30 Sat timeslot that is tricky when you have kids sport particularly multiple kids. So not sure it is one that even IF the NRL took over and even did deals many extra would jump on.

Games you want to move have to be 2pm Sunday ones to be a chance of success

docbrown

Coach
Tbf to sharks home ground advantage is theirs to benefit from

they are trying to win their second comp

the nrl could have a policy of having a Sydney match of the round every Sunday at Allianz like they used to do in the 60s with the scg
Sure but it's going to be bad publicity for the game and I care about the game, not what benefits one individual club. The only thing the NRL has going for them is that there's no fumbleball in Sydney that week. If there was I'd have no doubt that GWS would hand out a bunch of freebies just to say they outdrew the top of the table clash. But the Sharks 12,000 crowd will inevitably be compared in the media to the 44,000 at the Swans last Friday.

I'm glad there's no more big clashes at Cronulla for the rest of the season. It's just a waste to schedule anything of decent value there because it has no effect on the crowds.

docbrown

Coach
You are looking at an hour travel for Sharks fans to a home game.

Similar from Penrith

It is that 5.30 Sat timeslot that is tricky when you have kids sport particularly multiple kids. So not sure it is one that even IF the NRL took over and even did deals many extra would jump on.

Games you want to move have to be 2pm Sunday ones to be a chance of success
Between both their areas the population is roughly 500-600k.

And people are arguing that they can't draw 15k.
That's the equivalent of 0.0025% of their local populations and 0.00025% of Sydney's total population.

When they're both on the top of the ladder.

Penrith have shown that they can draw 22k to home games. I see their value.

But the Sharks...?

Wb1234

Referee
Sure but it's going to be bad publicity for the game and I care about the game, not what benefits one individual club. The only thing the NRL has going for them is that there's no fumbleball in Sydney that week. If there was I'd have no doubt that GWS would hand out a bunch of freebies just to say they outdrew the top of the table clash. But the Sharks 12,000 crowd will inevitably be compared in the media to the 44,000 at the Swans last Friday.

I'm glad there's no more big clashes at Cronulla for the rest of the season. It's just a waste to schedule anything of decent value there because it has no effect on the crowds.
Look at all the bad publicity we got last week with the rape allegation and the guy getting arrested for dealing

Cronulla and manly will always be smaller clubs

and I hate watching games from shark park on tv lol

Iamback

Coach
Between both their areas the population is roughly 500-600k.

And people are arguing that they can't draw 15k.
That's the equivalent of 0.0025% of their local populations and 0.00025% of Sydney's total population.

When they're both on the top of the ladder.

Penrith have shown that they can draw 22k to home games. I see their value.

But the Sharks...?

Again populations are only a snap shot.

Those 2 districts are top for junior RL numbers

Both are top 5 in soccer numbers

similar in Netball

Then throw in those ones who work. Suddenly the number who are available to travel up 90 mins one way is down.

We do average 22k now, Next year at Parra will be 16-17k due to the reasons mentioned

Vlad59

Bench
Again populations are only a snap shot.

Those 2 districts are top for junior RL numbers

Both are top 5 in soccer numbers

similar in Netball

Then throw in those ones who work. Suddenly the number who are available to travel up 90 mins one way is down.

We do average 22k now, Next year at Parra will be 16-17k due to the reasons mentioned
We add value to the league across every metric bar our current ground capacity. I’ve got a feeling St Peter and the club will sort that out.

Brian potter

First Grade
Good to see all the usual suspects whinging about the mighty sharks again on Sunday night. Suffer you bastards. Suffer!
A table topping side deserves a modern stadium and a good following of which shark park offers neither unfortunately.