What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Really good crowd at allianz on a thursday night, needs more games played there by other teams.

A big difference to how good a 20k crowd looks compared to the old sfs where the bays were huge and the crowd that was there was either mostly on the non camera side or sitting in the seats covered by the top tier.
20k looked ok at sfs

Problem was there was so so so many 7k-15k games for years

shewi6

Juniors
Awesome crowd, even beat my optimistic 25k prediction.
Originally was thinking sub 20k because of it being on thursday night but maybe it wasn't such an issue with the public holiday tomorrow.

My best guess is that levels 1-3 seat 26,000 (16,000 on levels 1-3 east and west, with 10,000 on levels 1-2 north and south). Level 4 seats a remaining 14-15,000 (of which 7,000-7,500 in level 4 east were never put on sale).

On levels 1-3, level 2 north was never put on sale, and level 2 south isn't sold out. That reduces the potential maximum crowd by approximately 3,000-4,000 to 22,000-23,000 on these levels.

There will be some SCG members sitting in level 4 west tonight. 2,000-3,000 there would help boost the crowd to 24,000-26,000. Anything more than that is unrealistic and ignores the fact that a crowd of ~25,000 tonight would be a very good result (and the highest on a Thursday night in Sydney for 10 years).

Nailed it, just sayin'

Valheru

Coach
Roosters are really taking advantage of the new ground and building an attendance culture.

Averaging 32k at the ground over two games. We don't host ANZAC Day but looking at our fixtures I reckon we can average 20k over the season. The next one being a Thursday against storm doesn't help. Hopefully we eek out 15k there.

The best chance of a bumper crowd remaining is the round 24 Friday night fixture against parra which, if both teams are in the top 8, gets 30k plus IMO.

jim_57

Staff member
25,000+ is amazing ! I reckon we could challenge the record this round !

26k is a great start. If we bank on at least:
46k @ Suncorp +
23k @ Mt Smart +
12k @ Shark Park +
28k @ Commbank =
135k from those 5, should be a thousand or 2 more hopefully.

That leaves roughly 65k plus change. Accor, Gong & Gold Coast seem more variable but certainly not impossible for them to get 65k combined. We’ll probably have a fair idea if the record is coming by the end of Saturday night once those 3 have been played, Sunday & Monday games should all be sellouts.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
The stadium certainly should be getting more NRL games. Souths eventually when their deal runs out at Accor, hopefully Dragons see the light when they host Anzac Day.
Dragons fans have and always do travel well there. I'm convinced they get 15k last week against cowboys