What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Gold Coast Watch:

''We’ll be the biggest sport in that market in 5-10 years across most metrics. It is changing. Queensland is pumping and becoming an AFL state and the Gold Coast has done their bit'' - Gillon McLachlan (Former AFL CEO)

Top 5 Gold Coast Crowds of 2024:
1. AFL: Suns v Richmond at Carrara - 22,086
2. NRL: Titans v Dragons at Robina - 14,537
3. AFL: Suns v Hawthorn at Carrara - 13,900 (Convenient round number, see # 4)
4. NRL: Titans v Dolphins at Robina - 13,898 (#3 above rounded up to ''beat'' this attendance?? hmmm)
5. AFL: Suns v Adelaide at Carrara - 11,466

Averages:
Gold Coast Suns: 15,817
Gold Coast Titans: 14,218

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I spoke too soon, the Broncos have just overtaken general public sales for the Rabbitohs game (no idea how corporate packages look).

Could even nudge 40k, but the Broncos ticketing guy is holding it back. Level 7 south has pretty much sold out, so cheaper areas should be opened so that some people aren't turned away by the 'sideline' category pricing.

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach
Gold Coast Watch:

''We’ll be the biggest sport in that market in 5-10 years across most metrics. It is changing. Queensland is pumping and becoming an AFL state and the Gold Coast has done their bit'' - Gillon McLachlan (Former AFL CEO)

Top 5 Gold Coast Crowds of 2024:
1. AFL: Suns v Richmond at Carrara - 22,086
2. NRL: Titans v Dragons at Robina - 14,537
3. AFL: Suns v Hawthorn at Carrara - 13,900 (Convenient round number, see # 4)
4. NRL: Titans v Dolphins at Robina - 13,898 (#3 above rounded up to ''beat'' this attendance?? hmmm)
5. AFL: Suns v Adelaide at Carrara - 11,466

Averages:
Gold Coast Suns: 15,817
Gold Coast Titans: 14,218
well Titans are shit this year so can't expect much in terms of crowds. Wouldn't have a clue how the Suns are going but I can guess that many of their crowds have more away support....

yakstorm

First Grade
Small promising signs at Allianz for tomorrow night. Roosters have opened up another bay on Level 2 with Category 1 in the lower bowl now sold out or down to single seats.

Category 2 is down to limited seats along the sidelines, with corners being the only area with larger patches of availability.

GAs are the unknown quantity, if they are selling reasonably well, a higher teens crowd isn't out of the realms of possibility. I'd be surprised if this is under 14K now based upon sales to this point (unless we get rain)

Penrith fan

Juniors
Easts could get 20k if it doesn't rain and walk ups decide to turn up.

It's always a great night to see their fav team beat up on the salary cap cheating Mexicans.

yakstorm

First Grade
Just 119 grandstand tickets left at TIO Stadium for Friday's Eels v Dolphins clash.

Sales appear to have picked up since the Eels landed in Darwin yesterday.

H.H

Juniors
Small promising signs at Allianz for tomorrow night. Roosters have opened up another bay on Level 2 with Category 1 in the lower bowl now sold out or down to single seats.

Category 2 is down to limited seats along the sidelines, with corners being the only area with larger patches of availability.

GAs are the unknown quantity, if they are selling reasonably well, a higher teens crowd isn't out of the realms of possibility. I'd be surprised if this is under 14K now based upon sales to this point (unless we get rain)
Reckon we'll get around 18k there tonight provided the weather holds up. I know quite a few families taking kids (as it's school holidays) when they normally wouldn't on a Thursday night.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Fans are definitely getting piped on these deals. NRL rakes in state government money while the fans get shitty Origin experiences.

Bring it home.
bigger crowds, govt funding, more money = more origin elsewhere. makes business sense
at least until Brisbane gets a decent sized stadium.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Reckon we'll get around 18k there tonight provided the weather holds up. I know quite a few families taking kids (as it's school holidays) when they normally wouldn't on a Thursday night.
Just had a pretty decent storm in the area, a bit of thunder and heavy rain but it cleared but raining again now but i don't think there is much on the radar.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The Broncos have had their slowest day of sales for the week because the weather reports are getting worse, FFS. We were on track for 38-40k. 34-36k is more likely now unfortunately. Lets see how it looks come 20mins after kickoff.

yobbo84

First Grade
The Rabbitohs have confirmed their R12 Indigenous Game vs Parramatta will be held at Accor Stadium on Saturday 25 May 2024:

This game was possibly going to be held at Allianz Stadium, but due to a late season surge by Sydney FC in the A-League, they have priority over the Rabbitohs on this date (should the stadium be needed for A-League finals series).
It's quite ironic that after 5+ years of being a travelling circus, and the local diehards only having 8 home games with a good team... we now get 10 home games this year with a rubbish team.