What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

jim_57

Staff member
Smart decision to separate the Warriors and ANZAC matches then, hopefully this continues to be a big draw ongoing.

4 20k+ games for Storm so far this year which I’d have to think would be a record, fair chance they can crack it again too IMO, maybe even next up with a top of the table game Vs Sharks. If they can solidify their game Vs Warriors as a big crowd game each year in addition to Anzac Day it will be a good call.

I’d like to see what Warriors could do with the Anzac Day game at Eden Park next year.

moffla

Bench
4 20k+ games for Storm so far this year which I’d have to think would be a record, fair chance they can crack it again too IMO, maybe even next up with a top of the table game Vs Sharks. If they can solidify their game Vs Warriors as a big crowd game each year in addition to Anzac Day it will be a good
I reckon there’s an opportunity for Storm to open the season at home against Warriors when there is no AFL in town.

Either that or chuck it in when they do their Gather Round

Brian potter

Bench
Not a worry. If you type in certain words like ‘expansion’ and ‘redevelopment’ those words magically create other new links. This is called a ‘google search’. It’s used quite commonly by people using the internet. You can find all sorts of things. Here is one I found earlier today using ‘Northern England’ and ‘dump’.

Again nothing concrete and unless Google search opens up articles hidden behind paywalls it’s not much use mate.

funny thing is though mate that likewise searches on the redevelopment of shark park yields similar vague results apart from numerous articles slating the pathetic capacity of shark park and the ridiculous decision taken by the NRL in 2023 to host playoff games there.

Penrith fan

Juniors
What amazing crowds we had on Anzac Day across three areas.

Rugby League is now the No 1 sport in both Australia and New Zealand.

moffla

Bench
I love the ANZAC Day match, thrilled we made it work well despite not playing Warriors. My preference would probably be to alternate with NZ, but with crowds like yesterday it'll be hard to go changing anything.

yakstorm

First Grade
It feels like the Storm have built ANZAC Day up enough as an event, that they could possibly play anyone and draw a decent crowd. It's not like the Rabbitohs have been a form team leading up to yesterday's match, and the later 7:50pm kick off was previously seen as a deterrent for attracting fans across from the MCG.

All in all, it's great and I agree with some of the suggestions already put here, that the Storm should look at ways of turning the Warriors clash into it's own event and potentially even the game against Brisbane (who are the next highest drawer in Melbourne).

Picking one to play in Gather Round and then taking it to say Docklands is a nice friendly way of triggering the AFL.

Penrith fan

Juniors
Melbourne Storm should play one game a year at the MCG.

A Melbourne Storm v Brisbane Broncos game at the "G" would get a crowd of 70,000.

Latest posts