What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Brutus

Referee
Something other than just a random social post saying 'BTW we're playing this week' would be nice. The Dolphins have lucked out a bit this year with their Suncorp matches. Cowboys, Wests Tigers, Knights & Sea Eagles as their opening 4 is a harder sell than Roosters, Broncos, Rabbitohs & Storm, but regardless they don't seem to know how to make an event around a game.

It's 4 v 5, and they're playing a team with the Queensland captain in it, surely there is some story to tell?

And DCE'S old man was a former Dolphins player.

yakstorm

First Grade
And DCE'S old man was a former Dolphins player.
I forgot about that... so many stories they could be telling... yet the only stories they put out to hype up the game have been:

Kaufusi ready for Suncorp Stadium return
Stone living 'next man up' mentality
Woolf chasing consistency

Literally ChatGPT style content which arguably could be used multiple times in the year.

I forgot about that... so many stories they could be telling... yet the only stories they put out to hype up the game have been:

Kaufusi ready for Suncorp Stadium return
Stone living 'next man up' mentality
Woolf chasing consistency

Literally ChatGPT style content which arguably could be used multiple times in the year.
The Kaufisi one`s not bad, big name returning to a big arena, good to mention those two, the second "Stone..." well he`s a nobody, who cares and the third strikes me as being a bit negative, even defeatist.
All of these probably rate as secondary narratives, but to get the punters excited I think you need big picture, that`s why I`d focus on the "battle for the top 4 ", or "4 vs. 5" sort of thing.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The Dolphins look to have had some decent sales overnight, particularly behind the posts. Unless some bays haven't been opened (309, 310, 333 & 334) the crowd might be over 20k.

yakstorm

First Grade
Less than 1,000 tickets left at Penrith. All grandstand seats are sold out, same with the South Hill. Forecast for Penrith is no where near as wet as the rest of Sydney, so hopefully the crowd won't be significantly impacted.

Hard to truly tell how Parramatta is selling. Most of the bays in the lower bowl have very limited tickets left, but the Cowboys match showed similar signs in some bays, yet it didn't look like that on game day. I'd like to say it's tracking more for 16K, but I'm not confident.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Less than 1,000 tickets left at Penrith. All grandstand seats are sold out, same with the South Hill. Forecast for Penrith is no where near as wet as the rest of Sydney, so hopefully the crowd won't be significantly impacted.

Hard to truly tell how Parramatta is selling. Most of the bays in the lower bowl have very limited tickets left, but the Cowboys match showed similar signs in some bays, yet it didn't look like that on game day. I'd like to say it's tracking more for 16K, but I'm not confident.
Pretty impressed with the sales in the Broncos bay at Commbank - it's not the best location, IMO, those that agree would just buy elsewhere, so this is a good boost, I guess. Apparently we bought another bay off the Eels for our 'below the border' members but I'm not sure where that is (maybe a small one like 128 or 129?). Really didn't understand just how many supporters we have in Sydney until the GF last year. Was also shocked at our support at Campbelltown.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 1.56.33 pm.png

yakstorm

First Grade
Pretty impressed with the sales in the Broncos bay at Commbank - it's not the best location, IMO, those that agree would just buy elsewhere, so this is a good boost, I guess. Apparently we bought another bay off the Eels for our 'below the border' members but I'm not sure where that is (maybe a small one like 128 or 129?). Really didn't understand just how many supporters we have in Sydney until the GF last year. Was also shocked at our support at Campbelltown.

View attachment 87715
I forgot about the Below the Border memberships, especially as the Broncos have actually sold quite a few of them this year. I also forgot they were doing an event around the Eels game.

Hopefully the Sydney based Broncos fans do turn out in force.

Latest posts