What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

yakstorm

First Grade
So we're at 78,150 from the 5 games we know the official crowds (15,630 average)

Taking an estimate that Manly v Storm was 17K (their 3 other sell-outs this year have been 17,284, 17,381 & 17,385) that puts us at 95,150.

160K is within reach now, with Brisbane tracking for over 40K and Auckland sold out.

Brian potter

Bench
Im glad for you. Gotta roll with the blows mate.
The panthers did the competition a huge favour today with that drubbing of the sharks.

Hopefully the sharks slide down the ladder in the coming weeks as we can’t have the leaders of a prestigious competition like the NRL regularly playing in front of less than 12k.

Vlad59

Juniors
The panthers did the competition a huge favour today with that drubbing of the sharks.

Hopefully the sharks slide down the ladder in the coming weeks as we can’t have the leaders of a prestigious competition like the NRL regularly playing in front of less than 12k.
You should join the sharks forum. Go on. man up pommie commie! They eat your type alive there. By the way have I got you triggered or what?

Vlad59

Juniors
The Women's Origin game in Newcastle appears to be sold out. Ticketmaster is saying Allocation Exhausted.

A great result for the series. The Women's series is very quickly turning into a valuable property for the NRL based upon its crowd & TV audiences growth this year.
Channel 9 will love this. I’m looking at going to a game next year. The atmosphere was outstanding at game 1.

yakstorm

First Grade
Channel 9 will love this. I’m looking at going to a game next year. The atmosphere was outstanding at game 1.
Be interesting to see what venues are picked next year. The event has very quickly gone from being perfect for 20K-25K venues, to now pushing into 30K and above.

Would love to see a game played at Allianz in a few years (next year might be still a year too early)

Vlad59

Juniors
Be interesting to see what venues are picked next year. The event has very quickly gone from being perfect for 20K-25K venues, to now pushing into 30K and above.

Would love to see a game played at Allianz in a few years (next year might be still a year too early)
Standard in game 1 this year was much higher than last year so the preparation matters. I’d suggest these games will be used as a massive marketing tool for nines commitment to women’s sport from this point on. The crowds and tv audience will keep growing.

Billythekid

First Grade
The Women's Origin game in Newcastle appears to be sold out. Ticketmaster is saying Allocation Exhausted.

A great result for the series. The Women's series is very quickly turning into a valuable property for the NRL based upon its crowd & TV audiences growth this year.
Fantastic news, I’ve got my tickets. Will be the first game I’ve attended in 9 months (kids make it hard) so I’m excited.
I find womens sport general attracts a really good and diverse crowd. The matildas games I’ve been to have had awesome crowds.

I just hope they don’t abandon places like Newcastle as origin grows. Show some love to the true league heartlands that helped the women’s game grow in the first place. Don’t get me wrong it will be great seeing the games in big venues with big crowds and making money for the women but it would suck to see them taken away from the smaller places.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Horrendous weather in Auckland unfortunately. Wind warnings with constant 50-70km gusts, and fast moving showers. Even though it is sold out, anything better than 18k will be a seriously good effort.

energizer

Juniors
Rabbits vs eels be lucky to get 10 imo, should have played at Allianz ideally. I know there were probably circumstances but still.
It was due to the A League final as Sydney FC were in contention but they lost last week. The game was supposed to be played at Allianz.

The NRL should have scheduled this game on Friday or Sunday arvo and it would have got a better crowd there.

yobbo84

Coach
At the ground last night it felt like more than 15k. I guessed about 18k based on how packed Level 4 on the western side was.

Then again I was at the Rabbitohs v Panthers game where I reckon they were counting feet.

So who knows.

Latest posts