What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

jim_57

Staff member
Technically it`s not fair at all. Queensland could be quite confident of wrapping this series up if it had been played in their state like it would have been in years gone by. Similarly N.S.W. would be more confident of winning the series-had it come down to a decider- if the last game was then played in their backyard. This scenario occurs every year when the second game is taken to a "neutral" venue.
The facts of the matter are that both states are sacrificing something each year for the overall good of the game.

I don’t really see how a home game each plus a neutral game is less fair than every series having a team get 2 home games, regardless of the order.

yakstorm

First Grade
think the novelty was being able to get to go to a grand final if your team was in as it was pretty impossible when it was at the SFS as they only had a low amount of seats available to the public
I remember that excitement. My old man bought tickets for the family to the '99 Grand Final simply because for the first time it was actually possible to for non-corporates and non-diehards who would line up overnight.

By 2000 that hype had gone... I bought my tickets on the day for cheap to sit in one of the wings... people think the viewing experience at Accor is bad now.... those temporary wings were horrible when it came to watching anything at Stadium Australia.

Suitman

Post Whore
Strong sales and a good weather forecast for Newcastle on Saturday. Good timeslot too. Reckon 25k minimum.

Amazing!
These are the two teams coming last and 3rd last on the table.
Just goes to show how popular RL is atm.
Well done Newcastle fans, because if this game was at Commbank, it would be 15 - 17 k max.

DIOGENES

Juniors
To get tickets to the GFs at the old SFS I used to buy a club membership and as a bonus you could buy, not a ticket to the GF, BUT a finals package which included every game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What point are you making with the Sydney comparison? Other than the fact that 75k is shitloads more than 48k, Sydney will always have a game because they have a team in the event. Adelaide doesn't get that privilege. If you aren't going to sell out your 53k stadium then we'll take the game to any number of places queueing up to host it that will.
The NRL takes it places the state govt is willing to pay a sht load to host it. They dont care if 48k turn up, they get mills in hosting rights! Also theres this little thing called growing interest in the sport.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
The NRL takes it places the state govt is willing to pay a sht load to host it. They dont care if 48k turn up, they get mills in hosting rights! Also theres this little thing called growing interest in the sport.
Hence my suggestion that we focus on rotating it between Perth and Melbourne to support the Storm and Pirate-Jet-Red-Bears

yakstorm

First Grade
It looks like the chance of rain is hampering sales for all 3 NRL matches in Sydney this Sunday, with sales sluggish at Penrith, Kogarah & Allianz.

Allianz is trending towards 14K - 16K based upon current sales, whilst Kogarah is trending for another sub-10K crowd.

Penrith, if the rain holds off, should still be high teens, but as we've seen already this year, with the lack of cover at the ground, members won't turn up.

horrie hastings

First Grade
It looks like the chance of rain is hampering sales for all 3 NRL matches in Sydney this Sunday, with sales sluggish at Penrith, Kogarah & Allianz.

Allianz is trending towards 14K - 16K based upon current sales, whilst Kogarah is trending for another sub-10K crowd.

Penrith, if the rain holds off, should still be high teens, but as we've seen already this year, with the lack of cover at the ground, members won't turn up.
6.15 pm time slot on a Sunday for the Roosters vs Tigpies at Allianz also doesn't help crowd wise, if they get 15,000 that would a great result for that terrible time slot.

Latest posts