What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Looking forward to the next week against the Dragons, the Broncos have NOT released enough tickets. Available areas have been sold down to single seats.

The same issue with the Bulldogs game, though the areas opened have been sold to single seats since last Wednesday.

We're still on track for 35k+ this Saturday night, but the Broncos ticket person needs to be better than this - Sunday is a good sales night while people are at home, and thinking about next weekend.

shewi6

Juniors
Looking forward to the next week against the Dragons, the Broncos have NOT released enough tickets. Available areas have been sold down to single seats.

The same issue with the Bulldogs game, though the areas opened have been sold to single seats since last Wednesday.

We're still on track for 35k+ this Saturday night, but the Broncos ticket person needs to be better than this - Sunday is a good sales night while people are at home, and thinking about next weekend.
Get that email typed up stat! Haha

yakstorm

First Grade
Looking ahead a couple of weeks, Knights v Broncos in Round 20 has been selling really strongly and is already around the 20K mark of sales. Unless Manly run riot on the weekend, this game should go close to selling out.

Melbourne's Round 20 match against the Roosters has already outsold the Raiders & Bulldogs games this year as well. It's well placed to be a 20K+ crowd.

mave

Coach
Looking ahead a couple of weeks, Knights v Broncos in Round 20 has been selling really strongly and is already around the 20K mark of sales. Unless Manly run riot on the weekend, this game should go close to selling out.
Lock in a sellout then.

*Gamble responsibly*.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That is a horrible crowd considering they were honoring one of their greats it was mostly sunny yesterday
This is such a weird and odd take and I've seen it in a few places?

I'm not one to defend the Roosters but 23k is a perfectly good crowd. Everyone criticises their fans for not turning up and getting 10k or 13k or whatever but now they're drawing 20k+ we're criticising it for not being 30k+?

Good luxury to have I guess but 23k is 4k above the season average. Also not sure 2pm is a particularly popular attendance timeslot tbh

McNulty

Juniors

I'm not one to defend the Roosters but 23k is a perfectly good crowd. Everyone criticises their fans for not turning up and getting 10k or 13k or whatever but now they're drawing 20k+ we're criticising it for not being 30k+?

Good luxury to have I guess but 23k is 4k above the season average. Also not sure 2pm is a particularly popular attendance timeslot tbh
This is a horrible take on a great post. 2pm is a wonderful family friendly time-slot on a Sunday. JWH having done what he has done for the Roosters should have been looking at a minimum of 30-35k.

Roosters could have and should have done more to entice viewers off their couches.

Timmah

Staff member
This is a horrible take on a great post. 2pm is a wonderful family friendly time-slot on a Sunday. JWH having done what he has done for the Roosters should have been looking at a minimum of 30-35k.

Roosters could have and should have done more to entice viewers off their couches.
The fact we have people calling 23k a bad crowd I guess is a sign of how far we've come.

Can't win with some people I guess

Billythekid

First Grade

The game is booming right now but a lot of people on this forum are turning into disco stu and having ludicrous expectations.

I have mates who didn’t turn up due to kids’s/family events. They don’t miss any night games, however. You’re never gonna get times that suit all, I guess. Weather would’ve been a turn off for some. I was hoping to crack 25k tbh maybe 30 if sunny conditions looked likely, forecasts were for rain.

Timmah

Staff member
Weather would’ve been a turn off for some. I was hoping to crack 25k tbh maybe 30 if sunny conditions looked likely, forecasts were for rain.
This. It's all well and good to say "it looked sunny" but that doesn't account for the lead up to the game, forecasts etc.

(I can't believe I'm defending Roosters crowds)

H.H

Juniors
Yeah it was p*ssing down as I drove to the game, and anecdotally I know it kept a few away (like a few of my very soft mates).

28 - 30k would've been great but 23k still looked and felt great being out there.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
This. It's all well and good to say "it looked sunny" but that doesn't account for the lead up to the game, forecasts etc.

(I can't believe I'm defending Roosters crowds)

Interestingly, you maybe able to confirm or correct this I think they have the biggest increase of the past few years and it comes down to the new stadium.

I thought the crowd's atmosphere sounded so good on TV yesterday and I thought was probably close to 25,000 but the figure yesterday was still good.

I wouldnt actually blame people if they got turned away because of the weather, yes it was clear during the game but look how inconsistent the weather has been lately here in Sydney. Rain, then sunny, then rain again.

Latest posts