What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

It's Been Done

Juniors
Horrible weather again in Melbourne today. Looks like on the radar it'll be on and off showers for a while which might scare a few people away from tonight's game

jim_57

Staff member
Looks like the cold & wet weather may have kept some away in Melbourne. Crowd still looks good but pre-sales were very good.

jim_57

Staff member
Amazing crowd! Also whilst it wasn’t raining it is a cold windy day here in the Hunter.

Have the hills in Newcastle been further reduced in capacity this year? Capacity is listed as 33k, last year their last 2 games got 29.5k for a sellout. This year their highest sellout crowd is 27k against the Panthers.

If so another reason they should get an end stand or 2 built.

t-ba

Post Whore
There will always be wet and cold in Melb …

looks a disappointment for a big game

Feel like the Storm's crowds have a lot to do with the opposition.

And while the Roosters have definitely grown their fanbase over the last 20 years, I reckon most of them aren't old enough to be moving around the country for work/life to be impacting away crowds just yet.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Feel like the Storm's crowds have a lot to do with the opposition.
really ? how come ?

they are at the top of the table and they can’t sell out a pretty small stadium with all the success they have had for decades now..a city of 5 million

time to call a spade a spade

t-ba

Post Whore
really ? how come ?

they are at the top of the table and they can’t sell out a pretty small stadium with all the success they have had for decades now..

time to call a spade a spade

Because they have like 13,000 or so rusted ons by the looks of things.

And rely on opposition fans to boost their fixtures. Teams with lots of fans in Melbourne like the Warriors and the Broncos.

That's life I guess. They're probably better supported than my club so I can hardly talk.

t-ba

Post Whore
Seems a reasonable estimate ..

so why not more ? After 25 years ? And a lot of success

I'm not the diviner of Melbourne success.

My point was more about the fact that the Roosters fans skew young and haven't yet started moving around the country because of adult shit, like how the Dragons used to draw really well on the Gold Coast but now less so because all the old bastards who retired to Mermaid Waters have started dying off.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I'm not the diviner of Melbourne success.

My point was more about the fact that the Roosters fans skew young and haven't yet started moving around the country because of adult shit, like how the Dragons used to draw really well on the Gold Coast but now less so because all the old bastards who retired to Mermaid Waters have started dying off.
i think they need to be getting more Storm fans there after 25 years ..20 at the top of the table ..,13k “ rusted ons” ain’t cutting it