What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

yakstorm

First Grade
It is easy to confuse two suburban sports facilities.
When the SFS was sponsored by Aussie Homeloans and called Aussie Stadium there were multiple stories of people confusing it and Stadium Australia and going to the wrong venue for different events.

People just get confused by similarly named things.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
When the SFS was sponsored by Aussie Homeloans and called Aussie Stadium there were multiple stories of people confusing it and Stadium Australia and going to the wrong venue for different events.

People just get confused by similarly named things.
You’ve got to as dumb as f**k to not know where you’re going to the footy.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You’ve got to as dumb as f**k to not know where you’re going to the footy.
An incredibly conceited viewpoint.

This makes fine and perfect sense for people who are active on this forum and know and follow their footy closely.

People who attend casually and aren't regular attendees - even first-time people, could be easily confused by similarly named grounds.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
An incredibly conceited viewpoint.

This makes fine and perfect sense for people who are active on this forum and know and follow their footy closely.

People who attend casually and aren't regular attendees - even first-time people, could be easily confused by similarly named grounds.
It’s conceited and privileged to be so cavalier with hard earned money spent on tickets.

One of the drawbacks of a post-materialist society is a total lack of situational awareness. I’d be embarrassed but you see it as endearing.

Get your details right numbskulls.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It’s conceited and privileged to be so cavalier with hard earned money spent on tickets.

One of the drawbacks of a post-materialist society is a total lack of situational awareness. I’d be embarrassed but you see it as endearing.

Get your details right numbskulls.
Sure, if you're in a context-free environment which makes no allowances for anyone making a mistake in their lives ever.

There are two examples in this thread - one is from 20+ years ago in a brief period where two Sydney stadia shared similar names. Not really the same "post-materialist" society as 2024.

The other is referring to Perth, an uncommon NRL venue, and a city with three venues absurdly sharing the same naming sponsor.

By all means be harsh on these people but I think it's a fair observation that similar venue names isn't an ideal situation, particularly the same company taking on naming rights for multiple venues.

Brutus

Referee
There was a game at ANZ Stadium in Sydney one year and I turned up to ANZ Stadium in Brisbane.

Also there was a game at Langlands Park and I turned up to Lang Park. Then I went to both John Lang and Changa Langlands' house. So confusing.

The things we do to watch a game of footy.

Last edited:

Latest posts