What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

undertaker

Coach
Couldn't write the script better.

Literal last game of the season a top 8 win and in. Hopefully Newcastle don't f**k it tomorrow.
As a Knights fan, I 100% agree with you!

Got perfect conditions tomorrow afternoon, so 20k+ (possibly in the mid- 20k's, depending on how many season ticketholders turn out) should be shoo-in against the Titans.

cleary89

Coach
Good sharks losing for finals crowds. Just need roosters to win one of their last two or panthers to win their last to ensure sharks can't get a home final (assuming they win next week).

If the Knights beat the Titans tomorrow, Knights vs Dolphins the following Sunday - which will be a shootout for the last spot in the top 8 - will almost certainly get between 29-30k, which is the maximum allowed capacity at McDonald Jones Stadium (based on their final 3 home attendance figures at the end of last season)
No sorry, Titans will beat Knights tomorrow and then Knights will beat the Dolphins next week. Meanwhile St. George will beat Raiders next week and jump back into the eight to finish the season.

Billythekid

First Grade
Good sharks losing for finals crowds. Just need roosters to win one of their last two or panthers to win their last to ensure sharks can't get a home final (assuming they win next week).
Won’t that just means sharks would get a home game in week 2 instead of week 1? I guess it guarantees they only get 1 home game instead of a potential 2 if they win week 1.

Wont lie though I am hoping roosters can pop 2nd place, a roosters panthers game at Allianz week 1 would pop off.
Seems like a near given at this point. The cap off to an amazing season of crowds.

Woody90

Juniors
As a Knights fan, I 100% agree with you!

Got perfect conditions tomorrow afternoon, so 20k+ (possibly in the mid- 20k's, depending on how many season ticketholders turn out) should be shoo-in against the Titans.

Since when have we ever been shoo-ins against anyone lol? Possible we see a Dragons/Broncos level capitulation.

Hopefully R27 crowd will be big regardless though. Old boys day tends to always draw regardless of whether we’re in finals contention or not.

jim_57

Staff member
Won’t that just means sharks would get a home game in week 2 instead of week 1? I guess it guarantees they only get 1 home game instead of a potential 2 if they win week 1.

Wont lie though I am hoping roosters can pop 2nd place, a roosters panthers game at Allianz week 1 would pop off.

Seems like a near given at this point. The cap off to an amazing season of crowds.

Sharks will only have 1 home finals game regardless unless they sneak in to 2nd. If it’s week 2 or a prelim it will be at Allianz. They won’t miss the top 4 now but only the top 2 get 2 home finals.

Roosters coming 2nd would be the best case for week 1. Would be 30k+ at Allianz, a sellout at Penrith wouldn’t be bad though.

jim_57

Staff member
If the round record is beaten it will be done without the 2 highest drawing teams of the year playing at home.

Also looking likely it could be 7 games with 20k+ crowds for the round which I’d imagine has to be a record as well.