What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Vlad59

Bench
Neither Melbourne nor Townsville appear to be sold out. Both appear close but there appear to be some tickets left across multiple bays, often single seats or limited. The excruciating manner in which tickets are released may be partly to blame.

beave

Coach
Neither Melbourne nor Townsville appear to be sold out. Both appear close but there appear to be some tickets left across multiple bays, often single seats or limited. The excruciating manner in which tickets are released may be partly to blame.
it's 100% to blame.

NQ would have sold out days ago if the last lot of tickets went on sale a littler earlier than 10pm last night.

Clown show areas

Iamback

Coach
it's 100% to blame.

NQ would have sold out days ago if the last lot of tickets went on sale a littler earlier than 10pm last night.

Clown show areas

Penrith was the same. That sells out mid week if the club is in charge of ticket sales.

NRL I guess want sell outs closer to kick off

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
it's 100% to blame.

Clown show areas
I consider the TVL crowd a 10/10 regarless - we know that the western stand is corporate, and that the NRL was desperately trying to flog corporate packages, and failed to do so.

Now that they've run out of time trying, they've released the seats to the general public but it's too late. Word has spread that it has sold out, people have made alternate plans, and multiple groups were buying batches of single seats to go, when they could have got these if the NRL had their finger on the pulse.

Melbourne is a separate issue entirely. The demand isn't quite there.

jim_57

Staff member
Cold and wet day in Melbourne, crowd should be well over 20k but may be a bit disappointing.

Week 2 final in Melbourne got 19.5k last year, so I guess 20k+ for a week 1 final with another to come is an improvement.

The_Wookie

Bench
Cold and wet day in Melbourne, crowd should be well over 20k but may be a bit disappointing.

Week 2 final in Melbourne got 19.5k last year, so I guess 20k+ for a week 1 final with another to come is an improvement.

Accordin to the SMH:
A club source told this masthead that ticket sales had passed 22,000 as of Wednesday afternoon, and corporate spaces were at capacity for Saturday’s game against the Cronulla Sharks. A full AAMI Park holds around 30,000 fans for rugby league games.

Latest posts