What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

horrie hastings

First Grade
2nd week of Finals I thought home grounds < 30k capacity were banned?
Sorry actually thought you were referring to Cumberland Throw when he said NRL poised to move it to Commbank and you were nitpicking because the capacity is probably just a couple of hundred under 30,000 but realise you meant the game being switched to Shark Park . My bad there :(

The_Wookie

Bench
The Cowboys are preparing to face the Sharks at CommBank Stadium with the NRL set to reject Cronulla’s request to host an elimination semi-final at their PointsBet home.

This masthead understands Parramatta’s state-of-the-art CommBank Stadium will be the neutral venue to host the Cowboys-Sharks clash amid scheduling clashes at fellow Sydney grounds Accor and Allianz Stadium.

The NRL will finalise the schedule for week two of the playoffs on Sunday night but it’s understood Cronulla will fail in their bid for a home final at Shark Park following their loss to Melbourne on Saturday at AAMI Park.

Iamback

Coach
So do you think it should be played at Shark Park then ?

If Friday yes.

If the NRL are going to have it on Sunday with very cheap tickets. Like GA for $10 to get neutrals in then Allianz works

Panthers played Sharks at Allianz in this very final in 2018. It drew 19k and had no atmosphere whatsoever.

Panthers atleast brought 4-5k of fans with us. NQ fan base in Sydney can fit in an uber

Valheru

Coach
Disastrous result.

If it were us that had the clash they wouldn't have moved it.

The best solution was actually playing the games on Saturday and Sunday. I know channel 9 wouldn't be happy but just move a women's fixture to Friday night and pay them a fee and get on with it. You could then still play the prelims Friday/Saturday.

Vlad59

Bench
This is rank amateurism.
For all the great news this year and the growth in crowds we’ve now got the situation where the game embarrasses itself over a finals match involving a Sydney team in Sydney.
First of all to the Sharks management - stfu. What an embarrassing statement. I’ll never be able to defend the club again. What a thing to admit. Is our supporter base that poor?
The NRL - the game must be played at Allianz. It’s a deluxe ground closer to the Sharks base and it’s the logical venue. If 70000 people need to get to two games with two different codes for one night so fecking what? The game has to show some backbone here. The NRL must have known this was highly likely to happen since last weekend.
I’m a proud league supporter. But if that game gets played out at parramatta we are going to look weak and second rate in a natural market.
Show some bloody spine.

Valheru

Coach
This is rank amateurism.
For all the great news this year and the growth in crowds we’ve now got the situation where the game embarrasses itself over a finals match involving a Sydney team in Sydney.
First of all to the Sharks management - stfu. What an embarrassing statement. I’ll never be able to defend the club again. What a thing to admit. Is our supporter base that poor?
The NRL - the game must be played at Allianz. It’s a deluxe ground closer to the Sharks base and it’s the logical venue. If 70000 people need to get to two games with two different codes for one night so fecking what? The game has to show some backbone here. The NRL must have known this was highly likely to happen since last weekend.
I’m a proud league supporter. But if that game gets played out at parramatta we are going to look weak and second rate in a natural market.
Show some bloody spine.
Yep

The sharks should absolutely insist this be played at SFS. It's their home game, SFS is an eligible venue and the stadium is available.

If it were us there is not a chance we would allow it to be played elsewhere. The ball is then in the NRLs court if they want to change the days.

Vlad59

Bench
Yep

The sharks should absolutely insist this be played at SFS. It's their home game, SFS is an eligible venue and the stadium is available.

If it were us there is not a chance we would allow it to be played elsewhere. The ball is then in the NRLs court if they want to change the days.

Check this crap out. I’ve been a member for years but if this is our stance then I’m out

Wb1234

Immortal
Yep

The sharks literally just asked for it to be not at Allianz lol

Wb1234

Immortal
Put it at Suncorp, it’s about halfway between Sydney and Townsville and the Qlders would get at least 35k. Give Cronulla a cut of the gate and then tell them they are up for relocation to another city because they are a joke
It
Yeah that doesn't help lol

Clearly that was a misguided attempt to get it played in the shire. They should back track and come out strongly that it needs to be at SFS.
Sharks don’t care how many show up nrl keep all the gate money

they wanted home ground advantage against the cowboys

being at parra they get little advantage now lol

Iamback

Coach
Disastrous result.

If it were us that had the clash they wouldn't have moved it.

The best solution was actually playing the games on Saturday and Sunday. I know channel 9 wouldn't be happy but just move a women's fixture to Friday night and pay them a fee and get on with it. You could then still play the prelims Friday/Saturday.

Sunday would be better but has the flow on that Manly and Dogs were already whinging that they had 48 hours less preparation time.

That flows into the Prelim where a side gets less days to prepare now.

Atleast 14k in Parra is easier to hide than at Allianz