What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Trifili13

Juniors
Just open the gates and let people in for free to get a crowd like they do on the last day of a cricket test match if there is a couple of wickets to claim or a few runs to get. I can't imagine too many non-sharks supporters willing to pay decent money to take their family to watch 2 teams they don't follow in the current cost environment.

Iamback

Coach
Just open the gates and let people in for free to get a crowd like they do on the last day of a cricket test match if there is a couple of wickets to claim or a few runs to get. I can't imagine too many non-sharks supporters willing to pay decent money to take their family to watch 2 teams they don't follow in the current cost environment.

Penrith v Cows Prelim will have a similar issue if that plays out.

It is a huge whack for a neutral particularly as there is no game or even a band or something pre game.

Atleast a 50% full CommBank will look decent enough crowd wise

Wb1234

Immortal
Penrith v Cows Prelim will have a similar issue if that plays out.

It is a huge whack for a neutral particularly as there is no game or even a band or something pre game.

Atleast a 50% full CommBank will look decent enough crowd wise
Not a prelim it won’t

30k easy

sharks cows will get 20k

Iamback

Coach
Penrith should be good for 20 to 25k easy

Again depends on the day. Friday night isn't good for clubs who fan bases live on the outskirts.

Hopefully they learnt for the Storm farce last year.

I think it is Friday night though because potentially you have Dogs or Manly playing 3 games in 12 days.

They keep Storm on Sat that gives an extra day. That prelim is being drowned out by the AFL GF regardless.

Cronulla refuses to build a culture around game day attendance. They’ve had multiple opportunities to take big Sydney derbies to Allianz Stadium to grow attendance and revenue but have refused to do it.

The NRL should force them to do start doing it by making them play at Allianz Stadium.

Allianz Stadium is the obvious location for the Friday semi final, and it’s not like we haven’t been in this situation before.

In 2022, the Swans were finishing their Preliminary Final at the SCG in front of 40,000+ fans, while another 40,000 were arriving for the semi final between Cronulla and South Sydney at Allianz.

Iamback

Coach
Cronulla refuses to build a culture around game day attendance. They’ve had multiple opportunities to take big Sydney derbies to Allianz Stadium to grow attendance and revenue but have refused to do it.

The NRL should force them to do start doing it by making them play at Allianz Stadium.

Allianz Stadium is the obvious location for the Friday semi final, and it’s not like we haven’t been in this situation before.

In 2022, the Swans were finishing their Preliminary Final at the SCG in front of 40,000+ fans, while another 40,000 were arriving for the semi final between Cronulla and South Sydney at Allianz.

The key to that was Souffs. We are talking an opposition who will bring a few hundred people with them

Vlad59

Bench

I was at that game against Souths and it was absolutely fine. In fact it was a great night and atmosphere around the precinct regardless of the piss poor result. I was also at the game against the cowboys when we got just under 37000 there. The statement by the Sharks management has to be seen in that light. I’ll get off my high horse now. I’ve changed my avatar from the Sharks to something that’s never let me down - beer.

Wb1234

Immortal
I don't think there would be any other team in Sydney where this would be a problem. Alas, this one team has never been able to get it's act together.

Manly Penrith and Cronulla are the smaller Sydney clubs

all the latest entrants

parra avoided it cause their catchment in huge

Maximus

Coach
Yeah that doesn't help lol

Clearly that was a misguided attempt to get it played in the shire. They should back track and come out strongly that it needs to be at SFS.

They thought saying no would make the NRL say oh we've got no other choice but to play it in the shithole 13k ground then. It's good to see it backfire on them.

kurt faulk

Coach

Iamback

Coach
That is bullshit. I was there and the sharks support was terrific. It’s why this statement by the sharks is nonsense.

And when we played you guys at Allianz in 2018 and it drew 19k?

Or the 16k that Sharks v Cows pulled at Allianz on a Sunday in 2017?

There is history at these grounds to use as data

The Sharks board know this sort of stuff. There is no way they play at a ground that holds 12k if they thought that they could get more at Allianz.

the same applies here. Even if Manly win today they will bring 10-15k fans with them to the Roosters game and 30-35k in Allianz looks and sounds great.

15k not so. Atleast Commbank is smaller and crowd sit on the side facing the camera so it will look pretty good

Frank Burge

Juniors
A little disappointing that lvl 6 hasn’t opened for todays game considering they got 37k on a Friday 6pm you would think they could crack 50k on a Sunday afternoon for an elimination match

Iamback

Coach
Manly Penrith and Cronulla are the smaller Sydney clubs

all the latest entrants

parra avoided it cause their catchment in huge

Yep you can trust all to bring 10-15k fans. To get massive crowds it takes a larger club to be part of it.

If Dogs win today. Allianz will be sold out next week. If Manly win 30-35k is max

Wb1234

Immortal
A little disappointing that lvl 6 hasn’t opened for todays game considering they got 37k on a Friday 6pm you would think they could crack 50k on a Sunday afternoon for an elimination match
Looks like they released more category one on the 30 metre line 28 rows back nice seats

Latest posts