What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Vlad59

Bench
And when we played you guys at Allianz in 2018 and it drew 19k?

Or the 16k that Sharks v Cows pulled at Allianz on a Sunday in 2017?

There is history at these grounds to use as data

The Sharks board know this sort of stuff. There is no way they play at a ground that holds 12k if they thought that they could get more at Allianz.

the same applies here. Even if Manly win today they will bring 10-15k fans with them to the Roosters game and 30-35k in Allianz looks and sounds great.

15k not so. Atleast Commbank is smaller and crowd sit on the side facing the camera so it will look pretty good
Well let’s go back to your post. You said there were only 100s of shark supporters at the final against Souths in 2022. I called bullshit because that’s what it was. I was there. You then cherry pick a couple of poor sharks finals crowds. Doesn’t change your post from being bullshit. It remains bullshit but nice try. As for next week, playing at commbank is nonsense and will impact the crowd negatively. A proud code and club would insist on playing at the best ground with access to home fans with an appropriate capacity . The sharks got this wrong. The NRL got this wrong.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
“We can get 14,000 fans at PointsBet. What’s the point of moving it to Allianz to get 15,000 fans?"

The CEO actually said this? f**k me drunk. He should be sacked immediately.

Cronulla needs to hear "what's the point of 14,000 in the NRL when you can get 3,400 in the NSW Cup"

In a year of the feel good factor of crowds, the Sharks have never failed to disappoint every single week

Iamback

Coach
Well let’s go back to your post. You said there were only 100s of shark supporters at the final against Souths in 2022. I called bullshit because that’s what it was. I was there. You then cherry pick a couple of poor sharks finals crowds. Doesn’t change your post from being bullshit. It remains bullshit but nice try. As for next week, playing at commbank is nonsense and will impact the crowd negatively. A proud code and club would insist on playing at the best ground with access to home fans with an appropriate capacity . The sharks got this wrong. The NRL got this wrong.

Where did I say there were only 100's of Sharks fans?

I said Cowboys will bring a few 100 fans with them. Put them with the 15k Sharks fans it gives you maybe a crowd of 16k in a Stadium that holds 45k.

Put those same 15k Sharks fans with a bigger Sydney club... Say Souffs and you are pushing the capacity of Allianz which was the example earlier

Using an earlier Sharks v Cows game that would of had the same ratio of 99.5% Sharks fans is a comparable comparison.

Again the NRL aren't a charity if they felt Allianz gives them the most $ it would be there.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
And when we played you guys at Allianz in 2018 and it drew 19k?

Or the 16k that Sharks v Cows pulled at Allianz on a Sunday in 2017?

There is history at these grounds to use as data

The Sharks board know this sort of stuff. There is no way they play at a ground that holds 12k if they thought that they could get more at Allianz.

the same applies here. Even if Manly win today they will bring 10-15k fans with them to the Roosters game and 30-35k in Allianz looks and sounds great.

15k not so. Atleast Commbank is smaller and crowd sit on the side facing the camera so it will look pretty good
All that data is using the old SFS. There has been a spike in all crowds at the new SFS. The new stadium would definitely draw an extra few 1000 fans.

I still think they'd get 20K if they actually put some effort in instead of sitting on their asses whinging.

Iamback

Coach
All that data is using the old SFS. There has been a spike in all crowds at the new SFS. The new stadium would definitely draw an extra few 1000 fans.

I still think they'd get 20K if they actually put some effort in instead of sitting on their asses whinging.

There is a game on Saturday at Allianz. If you are going for the novelty of the venue than that is the better day.

Steel Saints

Juniors
When the next tv rights negotiations comes around, I hope the NRL pushes for Saturday night/ Sunday afternoon in weeks 2 and 3. At some point the code has to be strong enough to the extent where they could forgo some tv revenue. And besides, the GF is on a Sunday, not a Saturday.

jim_57

Staff member
A Sharks Vs Cowboys prelim at the old SFS in 2016 got 37k. They can show up when they want to, a prelim is a bigger game sure but it shouldn’t account for more than double what they’re “expecting” at Allianz for a week 2 game.

Looks to me like instead of trying to engage their fan base to get a decent crowd the Sharks are just lining up their excuses early so they can put in no effort and say “see I told you so” when it draws a shit crowd. NRL still isn’t going to change the rules for them.

Vlad59

Bench
A Sharks Vs Cowboys prelim at the old SFS in 2016 got 37k. They can show up when they want to, a prelim is a bigger game sure but it shouldn’t account for more than double what they’re “expecting” at Allianz for a week 2 game.

Looks to me like instead of trying to engage their fan base to get a decent crowd the Sharks are just lining up their excuses early so they can put in no effort and say “see I told you so” when it draws a shit crowd. NRL still isn’t going to change the rules for them.
I reckon they’ve given the season away and can’t even be bothered trying to engage the fan base. Anyway that’s it for me. It’s been a struggle supporting them for many years. They won’t get my membership next year.

Gobsmacked

Bench
The obvious solution here is put banned substances in water bottles of the Sharks top players so they spend the entire season at the bottom of the table so all top 4 teams and even top 8 all have a decent stadium that pulls a crowd when they're going good.
What a bloody embarrassment.
They'll be up there next year too, stinking up the comp.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Just open the gates and let people in for free to get a crowd like they do on the last day of a cricket test match if there is a couple of wickets to claim or a few runs to get. I can't imagine too many non-sharks supporters willing to pay decent money to take their family to watch 2 teams they don't follow in the current cost environment.
Anyone who has a membership at any club should be able to get a ticket for $5
Reward membership/ get a crowd.

Iamback

Coach

They got the week off then. It is easier to plan for fans who don't live in Sydney. Even those who do can organise days off.

Friday night is the issue moreso then the venue

jim_57

Staff member
Could the NRL decide to move it to Townville? Shark fans and CEO don't want it in Sydney, let the cowboys have it imo.

You’d love to see it but it’ll never happen unfortunately. Move it to a neutral Suncorp would be a fair compromise….

ground zero

Juniors
Nrl keeps giving Sharks the easiest off draws the last few seasons. Time to give them a hard draw and see if they even make the top 8. Problem solved, wont have to worry about Stadiums and crowds in September

jim_57

Staff member
They got the week off then. It is easier to plan for fans who don't live in Sydney. Even those who do can organise days off.

Friday night is the issue moreso then the venue

That prelim was a Friday as well, how many people need a day off to attend a game at 8pm?

Sharks whinging in the media shows they’d rather get their excuses in early than actually put in effort to drawing a crowd. Plenty of fans will eat that shit up as some form of solidarity with the club thinking it will be a ‘told you so’ moment. Sharks have had a tanty and shown no respect for the finals system that they’ve know about all year. In the process they’ve also talked up the NRL’s main rival as the bigger attraction that night, all very amateur hour stuff.

Hope we put them out of their misery in straight sets.

Latest posts