What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

RedVee

First Grade
Yeah that doesn't help lol

Clearly that was a misguided attempt to get it played in the shire. They should back track and come out strongly that it needs to be at SFS.
Yeah, at least say if you won’t let it be a shark park, at least keep it at Allianz.

I’m sure there have been times when both grounds were used at the same time? But now they have the tram and the new pedestrian bridge to help things along. I’m guessing that there will be free public transport to the SFS.
Just don’t drive and it will be fine.

yakstorm

First Grade
Peter burns stand lost it’s top tier seats not sure where the rest have gone but probs scaffolding etc

capacity reduction isn’t permanent
Some of it is just WHS limitations. There are a bunch of rules which force the Sharks to limit capacity, ranging from not all emergency exits being in operation, closeness to construction, impact of construction on thoroughfares around the ground, as well as of course scaffolding & part of the Peter Burns Stand being out of commission.

RedVee

First Grade
I think 30K is far from a guarantee but they’ll for sure crack 20K which won’t look all that bad at Allianz.

Surely the other game should be a sellout at Allianz especially if the dogs make it through. You have to wonder if they would consider moving that game to Accor if the dogs win.
I was at Allianz for the second Chooks Saints game. The announced crowd was around 23k and the atmosphere in the ground was excellent imo. I expect that would have translated to the tv coverage.

undertaker

Coach
Let’s see how Penrith crowds stand up next year playing out of Penrith

people forget the sharks to home games to kogarah which is a lot closer than Allianz

the crowds were awful
Not to mention, the current capacity at Kogarah is a fair bit larger than Shark Park, can fit about another 6,000 fans