What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Stinkfinger

Juniors
No you speak true. People will see next year when we are at CommBank and the crowd drops.

I said it elsewhere. Gates open at 6.30 for a 7.50pm game in Olympic Park where you don't just go for dinner.

So less chance for walk up, weather forecast has scared some off. But price and lack of any entertainment outside the game doesn't appeal to neutrals
No fanbase outside Parra have taken to Commbank.

Iamback

Coach
No fanbase outside Parra have taken to Commbank.

This is a good point.

Mates I sit with at Penrith. Those who don't live in Penrith, Either Silverdale or in the Hawkesbury. Both are looking at 30 mins to a station given the parking situation there.

I am sure WT have similar stories from their failed attempts

It's Been Done

Juniors
It's odd how Penrith, the "home" team on Saturday is getting the Southern end while the Sharks get the Northern end of Accor despite Penrith supporters (at least I think), being the more likely to occupy the seats at Accor. Are they expecting more Sharks fans on Saturday or has Penrith preferenced their fan zone at the traditionally away fans end of the stadium?

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
It's odd how Penrith, the "home" team on Saturday is getting the Southern end while the Sharks get the Northern end of Accor despite Penrith supporters (at least I think), being the more likely to occupy the seats at Accor. Are they expecting more Sharks fans on Saturday or has Penrith preferenced their fan zone at the traditionally away fans end of the stadium?

That is how it was set out for last years GF.

yakstorm

First Grade
Wests Tigers 'failure' at Commbank has been overstated IMO. If you look at the crowds the club was also getting at Leichardt and Campbelltown at the same time, Commbank performed often better with the only true 'flop year' being 2023 when it hosted only 2 games - Cronulla on a Thursday night and the Dolphins on Saturday afternoon.

2019: Commbank: 15,109 / CSS: 12,038 / LO: 14,222
2021: Commbank: 12,038 / CSS: 7,259 / LO: 6,187
2022: Commbank: 11,382 / CSS: 9,011 / LO: 12,793
2023: Commbank: 9,230 / CSS: 9,917 / LO: 13,376

The club has been under performing crowd wise for years now with Magic Round artificially lifting their averages to something semi respectable.

Iamback

Coach
Wests Tigers 'failure' at Commbank has been overstated IMO. If you look at the crowds the club was also getting at Leichardt and Campbelltown at the same time, Commbank performed often better with the only true 'flop year' being 2023 when it hosted only 2 games - Cronulla on a Thursday night and the Dolphins on Saturday afternoon.

2019: Commbank: 15,109 / CSS: 12,038 / LO: 14,222
2021: Commbank: 12,038 / CSS: 7,259 / LO: 6,187
2022: Commbank: 11,382 / CSS: 9,011 / LO: 12,793
2023: Commbank: 9,230 / CSS: 9,917 / LO: 13,376

The club has been under performing crowd wise for years now with Magic Round artificially lifting their averages to something semi respectable.

What is the break even for CommBank though? That is the thing with cases like this. Higher overheads

yakstorm

First Grade
What is the break even for CommBank though? That is the thing with cases like this. Higher overheads
It can't be too bad as the club is taking 4 games back there for the next 3 years with Shane Richardson claiming they need to play games at a venue like CommBank to balance the losses they see at LO & CSS

Iamback

Coach
It can't be too bad as the club is taking 4 games back there for the next 3 years with Shane Richardson claiming they need to play games at a venue like CommBank to balance the losses they see at LO & CSS

Will be able to judge on those games. Not sure a team that has won 3 spoons in a row can lift membership prices and so on that comes out of a move there.

The Tigers played at Bathurst this year. They would of seen the setup on the non Grand stand side. Marquees like that at LO especially will increase the money they make.

Richo will have more info after those 4 games so can better choose. Fans and sponsors will decide how it goes

taste2taste

Juniors
Suva - Again hard to tell with GA - But sales look very slow in the grandstands. Maybe 1k sold.

Christchurch - Getting close to a sellout, at most 2k left. Probably looking at 15k sold.

Auckland - Selling a bit slower, I'd guess around 6k sold. It is the NZ v Tonga game, so with a bit of marketing should still go 20k+

Port Moresby - Hard to tell with their ticketing map. Would imagine this will go close to selling out though.

Parramatta - Bottom level slowly filling out - Maybe 5k sosold
Hopefully they don't make the same mistake they made for the Storm trail game earlier this year, over pricing the tickets so the stadium was empty.

It's important to get a full houses in Fiji, they need to price the tickets so they are affordable.

bazza

Immortal
They might get a better deal at CommBank which is owned by Venues NSW rather than the other venues that I assume are owned by the local council

Latest posts