What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 FW1 Sun - Canterbury 22-24 Manly @ Accor

Finals Week 1: Canterbury v Manly

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yobbo84

Coach
Yeah I agree. And at the risk of agreeing with Gus, I think it’s high time that we stopped doing a forensic examination of every single contest for the ball. It’s almost impossible to take a contested catch without a slight bobble, if it’s stayed in the vicinity of the hands, play on.
This is my fundamental issue with video reviews.

They will only do a forensic analysis if it's on a try scoring play.

But an error on play 1 is as important as an error on play 5.

There would be 50 'bobble' errors a game if we analysed everything.

Fangs

Coach
Yeah I agree. And at the risk of agreeing with Gus, I think it’s high time that we stopped doing a forensic examination of every single contest for the ball. It’s almost impossible to take a contested catch without a slight bobble, if it’s stayed in the vicinity of the hands, play on.

Yes we need to leave some stuff for on field decision making.

The guys at Fox and 9 need to be on board too. They are a CSI team at times and get instructed to make a big deal out of every coin flip decision.

chrisD

Coach
It’s basically just been all the players they’ve scabbed off Penrith, their identity really is just Penrith 2.

skeepe

Immortal
Yes we need to leave some stuff for on field decision making.

The guys at Fox and 9 need to be on board too. They are a CSI team at times and get instructed to make a big deal out of every coin flip decision.
I like the way American sports tend to have an ex-referee on the call to explain controversial decisions. And then, once it’s explained, whether it was right or wrong they just move on.

Maximus

Coach
No knock at all. Few too many on the beers here on LU.

Forward pass though. And a penalty should have been awarded for Aloiai blocking Burton. But whatever we have a contest.

Burton ran directly into the back of Olakau'atu whether Aloiai was there or not.

And the worst call of the game was the bullshit penalty for the tackle on Tracey.