What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 FW2 Sat - Sydney v Manly @ Allianz

Finals Week 2: Sydney v Manly

• Sydney Roosters

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sime_11

Juniors
final home game for JWH, Manu & Keary for the Chooks - that will get them home

Manly need to be in front at HT to be a chance

Chooks demolition wont surprise me

Rabbits20

Immortal
How Grant Atkins is in the top two best refs in the game beggars belief!

Anyway expect a Teddy masterclass here and a Roosters bounce back Easts by 8-10 points.

soc123_au

Staff member
I'll be surprised if either team turns up. The "winner" wins a trip to Melbourne to get sodomised. No thanks.

Robbo in the presser should be worth tuning in for.

Hopefully Manly, so @Mr. Shaman is forced to pretend he doesn't care for another week.

Warrimoo3

Juniors
I can’t wait for this one. The French speaking,window banging, three time premiership winning, luxury car driver versus the raspy voiced , Harvard educated, Dally M 2018 coach of the year. Lots of sub plots here. Potentially the last NRL game for Rugby Joe , Manu , Keary and JWH , although Manu will probably be back.

The first thing Manly should do is check whether NRL suspensions carry over to Super League. JWH will be eating the paint off the walls in the dressing room. Manly forwards could easily wear an “accidental” bumper bar to the head. They can’t afford to lose Olakauatu to a head bin as he is the key to this match.

Manly’s plan A will be run at Keary. Plan B will be run at Keary. Plan C will be run at Keary. I like Keary as a player. He’s still a threat darting down the blindside and has a deadly accurate cross kick to his giant wingers. He was interviewed a couple of months ago on a Foxtel sports show (can’t remember which one). He said that at the start of his career there were only one or two 120kg plus players that would target him, now every team has them. He made special mention of Olakauatu being the most difficult to contain.

Manly have defensive issues on their right side . But I think the Roosters have more. Queensland admitted that they were targeting Suaalii in SOO 1 and Walsh put the Hammer through a gap around him before getting illegally clobbered. He was right centre that day but normally plays left centre for the Roosters. This makes the Roosters left side even for inviting for Manly.

Toupounuia is probably one of the best effort players in the NRL. I can see why Ciraldo was keen for him to join the Bulldogs. He fits in perfectly with their style of play. But his defence can be a bit suspect at times , especially close to his line. He is another player Manly can target.

No Sam Walker equals no X factor . And they lose his goal kicking prowess. It wouldn’t surprise me if Radley plays and gets stationed next to Keary to look after Keary in defence and nullify Olakauatu .Robinson did this against the Bulldogs to contain Kikau at Gosford (from memory) as Kikau had a habit of carving up the Roosters.

If Tom Turbo was fully fit I’d go Manly by 20. But he’s not so I’ll go Manly by 8. Pencil in Hopoate for at least 2 tries, Garrick and Tupou 1 each. Hopefully Atkinson stays out of it and lets the players decide .

Danish

Referee
I see the unions are threatening to grind public transport to a halt this weekend.

if any of the fans of our sides actually set foot on public transport this would have been a concern…

I see the unions are threatening to grind public transport to a halt this weekend.

if any of the fans of our sides actually set foot on public transport this would have been a concern…

"Public" and "transport". I don't think I've ever seen them in the same sentence together, let alone next to each other.

GongPanther

Referee
Still in disbelief in how Manly jagged that arsey win V Dogs. Easts will be steaming from that first half V Panthers, including that forward pass ruling which robbed Easts of a try.

Easts on paper overall look the goods in this, and we have to be reminded of some of the fantastic performances they have been showing during the year.

The only weakness they might have is the inexperience of their half in Smith.

After a dramatic first 15 minutes, the Roosters will prove too much for Manly who will be depending on the fitness of Turbo.

Roosters 34-16.

soc123_au

Staff member

Not the flex you think it is when the entire Roosters fan base can fit in a short wheel base Hiace and Manly fans wont travel to a game thats not walking distance.

Trifili13

Juniors
Not the flex you think it is when the entire Roosters fan base can fit in a short wheel base Hiace and Manly fans wont travel to a game thats not walking distance.
Public transport strike is a non-issue given the Hiace will probably have room to also fit the Sharks supporter base and the NRL are hiring a private jet for the Cows.

Latest posts