What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Grand final Panthers vs Storm

Should I make an early prediction?

• Total voters

The Realist

Juniors
Ivan will use Smith at second row. Worked fine in last year's GF 😬

This is by far my biggest concern this year. Lindsay Smith had an awful GF last year. He was badly exposed defending on that edge. Lack of lateral movement and some fatigue made him easy work for Broncos speed men.

I expect Papi to target him.

The thing that makes me feel better though is that Smith has improved A LOT since last year.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
This is by far my biggest concern this year. Lindsay Smith had an awful GF last year. He was badly exposed defending on that edge. Lack of lateral movement and some fatigue made him easy work for Broncos speed men.

The thing that makes me feel better though is that Smith has improved A LOT since last year.
He's still too big to be playing out wide

WestyLife

First Grade

Yeah he's better but not sure it's a comfort considering who'll be running at him.

Munky

Coach

The Storm's edge isn't Walsh/Mam thankfully.

The main vulnerability of the defence the past few years was between the thirty metre lines where acceleration could really hurt us.

Souths actually won a game in 2023by exploiting it.

The Broncos did it for ten minutes.

Munster/Paps five years ago would be terrifying but neither has the ability to explode like the used to. Still dangerous but I don't think they go through untouched like in the 2023 GF.

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
The Storm's edge isn't Walsh/Mam thankfully.

The main vulnerability of the defence the past few years was between the thirty metre lines where acceleration could really hurt us.

Souths actually won a game in 2023by exploiting it.

The Broncos did it for ten minutes.

Munster/Paps five years ago would be terrifying but neither has the ability to explode like the used to. Still dangerous but I don't think they go through untouched like in the 2023 GF.

They definitely still have the speed for it. Paps isn't his fastest but still pretty quick.

Frankus

Juniors
Schneider is only there in case Nathan goes down. If Nathan's shoulder holds up all game I anticipate Schneider won't lay a boot on the field. Edwards is playing on one good leg. Kenny, Fish, Marto, Leota, Henry all play hard and one bad tackle could rule them out after an adverse HIA. The last thing we need is for a not 100% ready Sorro to come on and reinjure his hammy immediately, it's just not worth the risk. I'd be just as happy for Mav to be named on the bench. He's a big lad and could play in the middle if asked. Could also name Sommerton or Toelau or Laurie on the bench. But the way I see it is Ivan playing the percentages with his bench selection which is the safe play in such a big game.

Henry and Smith have both played edge. Garner can play in the centres. Can’t cover every situation, so if something adverse happens we could be behind the 8-ball; but no bench truly protects you against any situation.

Iamback

Coach
Henry and Smith have both played edge. Garner can play in the centres. Can’t cover every situation, so if something adverse happens we could be behind the 8-ball; but no bench truly protects you against any situation.

They have both played edge we have yet to win a game when they did

Latest posts