What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Ground Allocations

Tim.butler

Juniors
Looks like someone at the Dragons is tuned into this forum. The club have now corrected the error on the website and reduced the number of games you get in the Wollongong Pass from 7 down to 6.
It’s still very annoying that in 2024 there will yet again be less games at Kogarah than at Wollongong. Some equality on this point is the least the club could do.

saints4ever

First Grade
I seriously don't see why we can't get an even split between both grounds except for every second year we give up the Anzac day game from kog allocation.
Still our home game. Still in Sydney.
Simple

RedVee_8

Juniors
Looks like someone at the Dragons is tuned into this forum. The club have now corrected the error on the website and reduced the number of games you get in the Wollongong Pass from 7 down to 6.
It’s still very annoying that in 2024 there will yet again be less games at Kogarah than at Wollongong. Some equality on this point is the least the club could do.
A little harsh, Anzac Day accounts for the extra game

Tim.butler

Juniors
A little harsh, Anzac Day accounts for the extra game
Maybe RedVee, but I place a high value on watching games at Kogarah, no doubt like Wollongong based fans value games played at WIN Stadium.
I’m just frustrated that for three years in a row Kogarah has drawn the short straw. I probably wouldn’t be as wound up on the issue if the Dragons were playing finals footy. Just getting older and grumpier.
Wouldn’t it be fair to split the games 50/50 between Kogarah and Wollongong and rotate the Anzac Day game between the two grounds when it’s our home game.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Maybe RedVee, but I place a high value on watching games at Kogarah, no doubt like Wollongong based fans value games played at WIN Stadium.
I’m just frustrated that for three years in a row Kogarah has drawn the short straw. I probably wouldn’t be as wound up on the issue if the Dragons were playing finals footy. Just getting older and grumpier.
Wouldn’t it be fair to split the games 50/50 between Kogarah and Wollongong and rotate the Anzac Day game between the two grounds when it’s our home game.
Yeah, but I can also see why they take it from the Jubilee allocation as it closer to the SFS.

Tim.butler

Juniors
Yeah, but I can also see why they take it from the Jubilee allocation as it closer to the SFS.
The closeness of Kogarah to the SFS does not address the need for a 50/50 split of games between Kogarah and Wollongong.
I’m sure Wollongong based supporters would not be too happy if they only had 5 games whilst Kogarah received 6 every year the Anzac Day game was a home game.

Shane Flanagan

Juniors
Should be 5/5 + SFS and somewhere regional/interstate. A bit disappointed we are not taking a game to the regions.

Hopefully in the trials/ preseason challenge we go somewhere regional. Mudgees great but lets expand elsewhere.

I'd love for a trial game to be held in Bowral at Bradman Oval. I would say it is in our catchment and the region has a great history which could inspire us and is semi local as well

We should even experiment and try and tap into Adelaide or Tassie.

Tim.butler

Juniors
That’s a great idea Shane F.
Provides an equal allocation of games between Kogarah and Wollongong, either 6/6 or 5/5, and helps get the Dragons brand out into the regional areas. Simples.

Latest posts