What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 ICC Men's T20 World Cup

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
To be honest we are abysmal in T20 cricket. One win in this tournament aside our record is atrocious. I believe our hierarchy lag almost a decade behind the rest of the world in this format tactically. We rely on individual performances to get us through the big games and paper the cracks in our tactical approach.
Tbf there's not much tactics these days. It's just see ball hit ball.

There aren't many tricks left for bowlers these days, unless they are exceptionally quick or are a spinner that has a delivery that can't be picked. Even then video analysis doesn't take long to work them out. The slower ball bouncer, the wide fuller ball have been done. Fielding wise it's very formulated as well - 3 on the off, 6 on leg.

It's basically a batting war and whatever batsman comes off on the day wins. So the team with the best arsenal wins.

Tbf there's not much tactics these days. It's just see ball hit ball.

There aren't many tricks left for bowlers these days, unless they are exceptionally quick or are a spinner that has a delivery that can't be picked. Even then video analysis doesn't take long to work them out. The slower ball bouncer, the wide fuller ball have been done. Fielding wise it's very formulated as well - 3 on the off, 6 on leg.

It's basically a batting war and whatever batsman comes off on the day wins. So the team with the best arsenal wins.
To an extent I agree. However we seem to go into these games with the idea that around 160 is Ana amazing score. Also I refer to how we select our bowlers for these games. IMO you need 6 bowling options minimum for a T20 game, ideally 2-3 of these are allrounders. I think we will be found wanting again in this tournament. For the talent we’ve had at our disposal our record in this tournament is poor.

King-Gutho94

Coach
To an extent I agree. However we seem to go into these games with the idea that around 160 is Ana amazing score. Also I refer to how we select our bowlers for these games. IMO you need 6 bowling options minimum for a T20 game, ideally 2-3 of these are allrounders. I think we will be found wanting again in this tournament. For the talent we’ve had at our disposal our record in this tournament is poor.
I sometimes feel like our amazing record in ODI World Cups actually restricts us doing anything in T20s.

We still basically play 85-90% of players from the ODI team.

When it's a different format.

Just pick the best T20 team forget about what happens in ODIs it's completely irrelevant.

Bazal

Post Whore
JFM going berserk int he IPL but our dumbf**k selectors would rather genuinely disabled humans like Wade and Stoinis fmd

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Hopefully Head isn't using up all of his form in the ipl. Absolutely went nuts again, 89 off 30.

Head and FMcG have both scored 3 50s in 20 balls or less.

Latest posts