What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos discussion etc

kdalymc

Bench
Hahahà How the f**k do you put the competition logo on the wrong side
Remember this one from 2020?!

Origin badge, NSW badge (both on the wrong chest), NSW shield in the lower centre, CCC logo + game details in the upper centre, Kari logo, Tooheys New logo (all of these are just the chest!). Then you've got the Brydens logo on the torso and the big green monstrosity that is NIB logos on the sleeves.

And that is all before we get to the cluttered-as-f**k jersey design.

I do have this jersey in my wardrobe, and wore it the other day. When I took it out, my first and very dominant thought was 'Wow, that is one BUSY jersey'. So much going on.

I genuinely hope neither Origin side ever does alternate on-field jerseys ever again.View attachment 88764

Victoire

Juniors
I like it. Shame they're sponsored by MG and not Lancia Stratos like the iconcic Alitalia rally car from the 80s

maxresdefault.jpg

flippikat

Bench
Found this on an NZ sports site. Looks like Souths are back to having an alternate when we play the Raiders in Canberra this year.

I don't hate it, but wouldn't say I love it.

View attachment 89408
Does anyone know exactly why the Rabbitohs came up with the current rort of home & away jerseys?

The story I heard was that it was to appease the home AND the away major sponsors (back when they were different companies) so that both sets could be on green & red stripes.

Now I'm not sure if that's completely true, or the whole story - but that reason is kinda irrelevant now MG is major sponsor on both, right?

Time the NRL grew a pair and rejected such a cop-out.

GAZF

First Grade
Bunnies jersey looks slick, they had a jacket with that striping style a few years back?

yakstorm

First Grade
The story I heard was that it was to appease the home AND the away major sponsors (back when they were different companies) so that both sets could be on green & red stripes.
This was the original reason when the Rabbitohs applied for the concession in 2007. Firepower was the sponsor for the home kit and High Concept was the sponsor for the away.

It was less of an issue in the early years as the Rabbitohs still had a true 'alternate' as well. In 2007 it was this black jersey:
souths07trial.jpg

In 2008, they had the white alternate:
souths08alt.jpg

energizer

Juniors
Bunnies jersey looks slick, they had a jacket with that striping style a few years back?

Yep, from 2013 I believe.

1718100976171.png

I don't like the back of the jersey though as it has the same stripe and looks messy with the sponsors and numbering going through it.

Does anyone know exactly why the Rabbitohs came up with the current rort of home & away jerseys?

Now I'm not sure if that's completely true, or the whole story - but that reason is kinda irrelevant now MG is major sponsor on both, right?

Time the NRL grew a pair and rejected such a cop-out.
Would great to see a mockup of this years jersey with inverted red and green hoops to go with the white rabbit jersey. Would be a good compromise without having to bring back the panels.

Last edited:

steeden.

Juniors
They won the 2022 Premiership in their 1991 style jersey.

They won the 2023 Premiership in their 2003 style jersey.

They're going for hard-mode and are pushing for the 2024 Premiership in their 1990 brown/ white jersey including changing the panthers logo to blue.
They really are the most branding-confused club in the league hey

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Penrith Panthers is thrilled to unveil the 2024 Heritage Jersey – to be worn in the club’s last home game of the regular season in Round 27 against the Gold Coast Titans.

The jersey pays homage to that worn in 1967, the club’s inaugural season in the NSWRL, with the club’s foundation logo also featured on the sleeves of the jersey.

The match will be the final regular season game at our adorned home ground before the Infrastructure NSW commences major refurbishments to the Penrith Stadium precinct.

1718692038626.png

Latest posts