What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Match Review & Judiciary charges

skeepe

Immortal
The rules are black and white. If you’re on the bench you cannot get involved. There are no mitigating circumstances to this rule.

In all seriousness, Burton should be facing the same charge as the other two - and all three should have been referred directly to the judiciary for a harsher sentence. Two matches is ridiculously light.

yobbo84

Coach
The rules are black and white. If you’re on the bench you cannot get involved. There are no mitigating circumstances to this rule.

In all seriousness, Burton should be facing the same charge as the other two - and all three should have been referred directly to the judiciary for a harsher sentence. Two matches is ridiculously light.
Two decades of posting on here (Lord help me) and I still can't figure out if you're the world's greatest troll or an A-grade moron

Iamback

Coach
I do think its a bad look to have guys running in from the bench, however it was also about 9 on 1 QLDers on Luai. Tough one on Cam as he's one guy you can genuinely say 'its not his go'

When the Melee is happening on top of the bench though? It is different then running on and getting involved

It isn't a normal circumstance before you look at the number of QLders on Luai and To'o.

Iamback

Coach
That just opens the door for pure thuggary not that I think Murray is one. Least we learnt one thing Murray really can't fight lol

Still not as dumb as Ola in a suit getting 2 weeks suspension for Manly!

No NRL only cares about image.

Some suit thinks it is a bad look so we get this

yobbo84

Coach
Remember the sickening head high tackle from Dom Young on Blake Taaffe?

The NRL has deemed what Cameron Murray and Hamole Olakau'atu did to be worthy of the same suspension as Dom Young.

It's completely illogical, and like everything under PVL, directly connected to optics.

Remember the sickening head high tackle from Dom Young on Blake Taaffe?

The NRL has deemed what Cameron Murray and Hamole Olakau'atu did to be worthy of the same suspension as Dom Young.

It's completely illogical, and like everything under PVL, directly connected to optics.

I can see some of your point but it's not quite the same. Dom Young was sent off to start with. Murray was sin binned, whilst Olakau'atu wasn't even in the squad and had no right to be there let alone involved in that (rightly or wrongly as people may think).

yobbo84

Coach
I can see some of your point but it's not quite the same. Dom Young was sent off to start with. Murray was sin binned, whilst Olakau'atu wasn't even in the squad and had no right to be there let alone involved in that (rightly or wrongly as people may think).
Do you think they got a Grade 3 charge because,
A) they deserved it, or
B) they wanted to 'send a message' and realised "oh crap we changed the rules, it'll have to be Grade 3 to ensure they don't just get fined"

soc123_au

Staff member
Murray should be getting a medal, not a suspension. The whole QLD bench was involved, he did what any forward should have done. DCE and Nanai are the ones who should be suspended if anyone has to be.

yobbo84

Coach
Blake Solly out swinging:

“I don’t want to comment on the actual charge,(match review) process or any potential tribunal hearing,” Solly said.

“We’re getting advice on that and we’ll talk with Cameron later about his options. But we have been pleading with Andrew and Graham for years for a system that allows for any suspensions from representative football to be served for representative matches, just as international football (soccer) does.

“Our current system is immature and does not reflect the challenges created by the ARLC’s ridiculous Origin schedule.

“Andrew (Abdo) and Graham (Annesley) keep telling us that it’s ‘all too difficult’, but we can successfully go to Las Vegas if we’re committed enough.

“The simple point is that they don’t care enough about the members and fans of the NRL clubs.”

“We’re also confused about the lack of sanction for some of the other behaviour we have seen during this series – particularly around the bench, sideline and tunnel areas,” Solly said.

“It feels like there was a loss of control of that area from the time Joseph was sent off, and last night was the end result of the failure to sanction those involved from the start”.

So too Tony Mestrov:

“Firstly I don’t condone it,” Mestrov said.

“Why was the 20th player up there? NSW don’t get penalised. We get penalised. He could get two weeks and NSW don’t get penalised at all

“What should happen, logic tells you, he should be suspended from the first Origin game next year and the same with Cam Murray.

“This happened last year with Tom. It needs to change. We might need to have a summit as a game to sort these issues because clearly it isn’t working.”

Source: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...m/news-story/7a0730757b1cd48e810ac9b672b03207