What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 NRL finals matchups/schedule/locations

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Locked in - 1, 2.

3/4/5 up for grabs - Roosters guaranteed top 4. Sharks can grab 3 with a 74 point win. Which would lock Cowboys to 5th.

As above, Cows can grab 4th if Sharks lose by 113. Which would give Sharks a home final against 8th.

6-7 opponents locked in with Dogs/Manly, a Manly win or draw and it’s at Brookvale, a loss and it’s at Accor.

Battle for 8th. Winner of Knights Dolphins gets it, or a draw scrapes Canberra in.

What a final regular season day we have to come!

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
So looks like penrith/roosters will kick the finals off unless they want to give sharks, manly or knights/dolphins a 5 day break.

My best guess is

Penrith v roosters - Friday 8PM
Storm v sharks - Saturday 4PM
Manly v dogs - Saturday 8PM
Cowboys v knights/Dolphins - Sunday 4PM

Townsville during the day not ideal but I can't see an alternative given required rest periods for week 1 and 2

Chins get the wins

First Grade
So looks like penrith/roosters will kick the finals off unless they want to give sharks, manly or knights/dolphins a 5 day break.

My best guess is

Penrith v roosters - Friday 8PM
Storm v sharks - Saturday 4PM
Manly v dogs - Saturday 8PM
Cowboys v knights/Dolphins - Sunday 4PM

Townsville during the day not ideal but I can't see an alternative given required rest periods for week 1 and 2
NRL need the power to just say that game is 6pm

PARRA_FAN

Coach

The nrl really needs to rethink this first round of the playoffs home ground eligibility.

When they made their decision on that years ago they were getting some poor crowds in the first week of the finals in these bigger stadiums. The game has outgrown having small suburban grounds holding playoff games.

Time for the nrl to let the game reach its full potential.

Yeah interesting point. I think when they made that decision years ago we were basically left with clashes with Sydney teams vs out of town teams (Manly Vs Cowboys, Cronulla Vs Cowboys, Penrith Vs Warriors). Some crowds were ok but I remember one year they forced a double header semi final which was completely ridiculous.

Prior to that, the suburban grounds rule was when they had the drama of fans missing out because one semi had Dragons Vs Eels, potentially more couldve been at SFS back then which prompted the decision to play at bigger venues.

You go back to the 1990s and semi finals were all played at SFS and fans would flock to the game even if it didnt involve your team. I mean clashes like Penrith Vs Norths, Brisbane Vs Illawarra got big crowds of 40,000 or close to it.

I think we may go back to those days where the finals would attract not just fans from both sides but neutral fans, so playing at bigger venues rather than suburban venues would be a better option.

beave

Coach
Cows have played Sunday arvo finals footy, around 2007 v Warriors in 30C+ temperatures
was there, can confirm it was f**ked for everyone involved. At least the new digs has some shade for the punters but it will be shit for the players.

I hope we elect to wear our white away strip again.........

snickers007

Juniors
No AFL games in Melbourne next weekend, so no chance of a clash with the Storm v Sharks game. Maybe that brings the 7:30 Saturday slot back into play?

Latest posts