What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 NRL rookies

Brian potter

Bench
Which rookies from your club or any NRL club do you think will get game-time and are looking forward to seeing this season and who do thing will be the rookie of the year?

im looking forward to seeing warriors duo zyon maiu’u(prop/back rower) and Ali Leiataua(centre).

I think broncos winger deine mariner will be the 2024 NRL rookie of the year.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Mariner will certainly be getting some serious air time. Also keep a close eye on Blake Mozer and Ben Te Kura.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Definitely keen on seeing Maiu’u and Leiataua get a decent shot. Should happen during the year- developing our propping stock will be a priority with AFB going and I think Leiataua is probably already pushing for the #3 centre spot so he’ll get a run you’d think, especially considering RTS could play in a number of positions.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Josiah Pahulu will be one to watch in 2024. Also Keano Kini, though he's technically not a rookie and played a few games last year.

Brian potter

Bench
Josiah Pahulu will be one to watch in 2024. Also Keano Kini, though he's technically not a rookie and played a few games last year.
what position does pahulu play and is he from NZ?

as for Kini I’m also looking forward to him getting more game-time and I think he still qualifies as being a rookie.

Brian potter

Bench
Definitely keen on seeing Maiu’u and Leiataua get a decent shot. Should happen during the year- developing our propping stock will be a priority with AFB going and I think Leiataua is probably already pushing for the #3 centre spot so he’ll get a run you’d think, especially considering RTS could play in a number of positions.
Is Maiu’u best position prop or backrower?

think leiataua will play more games on the wing than centre in the early part of his career.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Most of the tigers rookies debuted last year

Heard the NZ Super rugby convert Solomon Alaimolo been training at centre and impressing

Vic Mackey

Referee
Alaimolo could follow a similar path of will warbrick playing in NSW cup for a season.

You would think so, only a 1 year deal though and he’s 28 so will have to show a fair amount in the first half of the year. With a similar build to Warbrick I would have thought he'd be playing on the wing, yet apparently hes been mainly at centre.

Brian potter

Bench
You would think so, only a 1 year deal though and he’s 28 so will have to show a fair amount in the first half of the year. With a similar build to Warbrick I would have thought he'd be playing on the wing, yet apparently hes been mainly at centre.
His age and the length of his tigers contract should be great motivation for him to succeed.

definitely one to watch over the season.

Nutz

Bench
Alaimolo could follow a similar path of will warbrick playing in NSW cup for a season.
WT only signed him for 12mths which is like a beefed up development contract.
The trouble with this is if he is an absolute gun then the tigers will find it hard to resign him. I'm not a big fan of 12mth contracts as there's no room for development.

Tweed Titan

Bench
what position does pahulu play and is he from NZ?

as for Kini I’m also looking forward to him getting more game-time and I think he still qualifies as being a rookie.
Josiah is a damaging middle/lock. I think he is Queensland eligible but was born in NZ. Not sure when he came across so there might be an eligibility tussle.

He's probably our best up and comer other than Kini.

Brian potter

Bench
Josiah is a damaging middle/lock. I think he is Queensland eligible but was born in NZ. Not sure when he came across so there might be an eligibility tussle.

He's probably our best up and comer other than Kini.
Seems to be a lot of talented kiwi born Aussie kids coming through of late which is potentially good for the kiwis or even pacific nations if they have island heritage.

im really looking forward to see how Kini develops as he’s looked very dangerous at youth and Queensland cup levels .