What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R11 MAGIC Sat - South Sydney 22-28 North Qld @ Suncorp

Round 11: South Sydney v North Qld

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2024 - Round 11
South Sydney Rabbitohs v North Queensland Cowboys
Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal (TICKETS)

Saturday 18 May 2024
NRL Kickoff 7:45pm.

Broadcast live on Nine, 9Now, Fox, Kayo.

SOUTHSYDNEY2024.png

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Jack Wighton 4. Izaac Tu’itupou Thompson 5. Jacob Gagai 6. Cody Walker 7. Dion Teaupa 8. Davvy Moale 9. Damien Cook 10. Sean Keppie 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jai Arrow 13. Siliva Havili 14. Peter Mamouzelos 15. Tallis Duncan 16. Thomas Burgess 17. Taane Milne 18. Gehamat Shibasaki 19. Matthew French 20. Adam Christensen 21. Bayleigh Bentley-Hape 22. Liam Le Blanc

Out: Michael Chee-Kam (centre)
In: Alex Johnston (wing), Jacob Gagai (wing), Taane Milne (bench), Adam Christensen (reserve), Bayleigh Bentley-Hape (reserve), Liam Le Blanc (reserve)
Changes: Gehamat Shibasaki (wing to reserve), Izaac Thompson (wing to centre)

NORTHQLD2024.png

1. Scott Drinkwater 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Valentine Holmes 4. Viliami Vailea 5. Murray Taulagi 6. Tom Dearden 7. Chad Townsend 8. Jordan McLean 9. Reece Robson 10. Griffin Neame 11. Heilum Luki 12. Jeremiah Nanai 13. Reuben Cotter 14. Sam McIntyre 15. Thomas Mikaele 16. Kulikefu Finefeuiaki 17. Jason Taumalolo 18. Jake Granville 19. Jake Clifford 20. Harrison Edwards 21. Braidon Burns 22. Jaxon Purdue

Out: Semi Valemei (wing)
In: Murray Taulagi (wing), Jordan McLean (front row), Jake Granville (reserve), Jake Clifford (reserve), Braidon Burns (reserve), Jaxon Purdue (reserve)
Changes: Thomas Mikaele (front row to bench), Harrison Edwards (bench to reserve)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Peter Gough
Sideline Officials: Chris Sutton, Dave Munro
Video Referee: Liam Kennedy

HEAD TO HEAD - 1995 - 2023​

TOTALSOUTH SYDNEYNORTH QLDDRAWN
ALL MATCHES4021181
SUNCORP1100

LAST FIVE MEETINGS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
2019Round 18SOUTH SYDNEY 30-181300SMILES16638
2020Round 14SOUTH SYDNEY 31-30QLD C. Bank7611
2021Round 17SOUTH SYDNEY 46-18McD. Jones3127
2022Round 24SOUTH SYDNEY 20-10Accor15264
2023Round 17NORTH QLD 31-6Accor11262

BIGGEST WINS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
2003Round 24NORTH QLD 60-8Dairy Farmers13872
2010Round 13SOUTH SYDNEY 32-4ANZ9688
2021Round 17SOUTH SYDNEY 46-18McD. Jones3127

NEXT FOUR MATCHES​

Round 12Round 13Round 14Round 15
SOUTH SYDNEYPARRAMATTA (H)(BYE)GOLD COAST (A)BRISBANE (H)
NORTH QLDWESTS TIGERS (H)SYDNEY (A)WARRIORS (H)CANBERRA (A)

LAST THREE MATCHES​

Round 8 Round 9 Round 10
SOUTH SYDNEYMELBOURNEL 20-54PENRITHL 12-42ST GEORGE ILLAWARRAL 14-28
NORTH QLDPENRITHL 20-26DOLPHINSL 26-28GOLD COASTL 18-20

STATE OF PLAY: 2024 SEASON​

POSITIONPLAYEDBYESW-L-DFORAGAINST
SOUTH SYDNEY17th911-8-0140320
NORTH QLD12th1004-6-0247265

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
This game will be intriguing viewing for all the wrong reasons.
If the Dargons can beat Souths, then surely the Cowboys can too.

Valheru

Coach
I'm interested as to whether souths can name some semblance of a first grade team this week because if they can I'll back them.

Cowboys look awful without much talent on the side-line and are my smoky to come last if Souths and Titans can get enough cattle back to win a few games.

yobbo84

Coach
There is absolutely no chance we win this. I don't think we'll win another game for 6-8 weeks until we get some actual first graders back in our side, and not park footballers combined with blokes who care more about having fun than winning.

Dearden, Holmes and Drinkwater vs the slowest backline in the NRL? They'll carve us up.

Valheru

Coach
There is absolutely no chance we win this. I don't think we'll win another game for 6-8 weeks until we get some actual first graders back in our side, and not park footballers combined with blokes who care more about having fun than winning.

Dearden, Holmes and Drinkwater vs the slowest backline in the NRL? They'll carve us up.
I'll wait to see what team you guys can name tomorrow but I'm heavily considering picking them.

You guys were ok against Dragons and St George are better than the cowboys IMO. New coaches always get a surprise win fairly early and this is the exact type of opposition I can see Downhill Latrell (The FB version) having a field day against.

yobbo84

Coach
I'll wait to see what team you guys can name tomorrow but I'm heavily considering picking them.

You guys were ok against Dragons and St George are better than the cowboys IMO. New coaches always get a surprise win fairly early and this is the exact type of opposition I can see Downhill Latrell (The FB version) having a field day against.
I hope you're right, but I think the problems are deeper than that.

Until our actual hard working first graders are back (Murray, Graham, Tatola, etc).. we don't have a dog in the fight.

I don't think anything is improving until the broom finishes sweeping and new staff come in. COO and Coach were a good start. "High performance" team next, you would hope. Keep sweeping, Souths.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Surely the Cows bounce back here. They have Souffs covered by every metric and they're playing at Suncorp. Even the prospect of playing for a heavily depleted Blues isn't enough motivation for Latrell to get off his fat ass and play footy.

Saxon

Bench
I was going to label this trash game of the round, but then I saw the list of outs for Knights/Titans.
Cows to win by default of being less terrible. Only chance for the Bunnies is move Latrell to centre and put someone who's willing to make an effort at fullback.

Fangs

Coach
The pressure is on the Cowboys. Souths season is over and the Cows have a bit of incontinence about them.

They'll have a feral crowd on Saturday night at 7.45pm. Totally munted, booing Latrell and saying 'Ride em cowboy' every second sentence. Going to be quite the spectacle.

I'm feeling Souths here.

Munky

Coach
It's a shame Cook was born twenty years too late.

He'd be the GOAT back in the Sandcorp days.

Latest posts