What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R17 Sat - Warriors 32-16 Brisbane @ Go Media

Round 17: Warriors v Brisbane

• Warriors

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2024 - Round 17
Warriors v Brisbane Broncos
Go Media Stadium, Penrose / Aotearoa (TICKETS)

Saturday 29 June 2024
NRL kickoff 3:00pm AEST (5pm NZ).

Broadcast live on Fox, Kayo, Sky Sport NZ.

WARRIORS2024.png

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 4. Adam Pompey 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Chanel Harris-Tavita 7. Te Maire Martin 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Wayde Egan 10. Jackson Ford 11. Marata Niukore 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Tohu Harris 14. Freddy Lussick 15. Dylan Walker 16. Jazz Tevaga 17. Kurt Capewell 18. Tom Ale 20. Jacob Laban 21. Edward Kosi 22. Taine Tuaupiki 23. Moala Graham-Taufa

Out: Shaun Johnson (halfback)
In: Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (wing), Mitchell Barnett (second row), Freddy Lussick (bench), Kurt Capewell (bench), Taine Tuaupiki (reserve), Moala Graham-Taufa (reserve)
Changes: Edward Kosi (wing to reserve), Te Maire Martin (five-eighth to halfback), Dylan Walker (second row to bench), Chanel Harris-Tavita (bench to five-eighth)

BRISBANE2024.png

1. Tristan Sailor 2. Jesse Arthars 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Selwyn Cobbo 5. Deine Mariner 6. Ezra Mam 7. Jock Madden 8. Corey Jensen 9. Billy Walters 10. Xavier Willison 11. Brendan Piakura 12. Jack Gosiewski 13. Kobe Hetherington 14. Tyson Smoothy 15. Fletcher Baker 16. Josiah Karapani 17. Martin Taupau 18. Joshua Rogers 19. Blake Mozer 20. Reece Walsh 21. Payne Haas 22. Patrick Carrigan 23. Corey Oates

Out: Jordan Riki (second row)
In: Jesse Arthars (wing), Fletcher Baker (bench), Martin Taupau (bench), Josh Rogers (reserve), Blake Mozer (reserve), Reece Walsh (reserve), Corey Oates (reserve)
Changes: Josiah Karapani (wing to bench), Payne Haas (front row to reserve), Patrick Carrigan (lock to reserve), Xavier Willison (bench to front row), Kobe Hetherington (bench to lock), Jack Gosiewski (bench to second row)

A-REF-R-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Todd SMITH
Sideline Officials: Drew OULTRAM, Paki PARKINSON
Video Referee: Chris BUTLER

HEAD TO HEAD - 1995 - 2023​

TOTALWARRIORSBRISBANEDRAWN
ALL MATCHES4920272
GO MEDIA2212100

LAST FIVE MEETINGS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
2020Round 8WARRIORS 26-16Central Coast2513
2021Round 23BRISBANE 24-22Suncorp18252
2022Round 4WARRIORS 20-6Moreton Daily9620
2023Round 13BRISBANE 26-22McLean Park16195
2023Prelim FinalBRISBANE 42-12Suncorp52273

BIGGEST WINS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
1995Round 22BRISBANE 44-6QEII54645
2013Round 12WARRIORS 56-18Suncorp21259

NEXT FOUR MATCHES​

Round 18Round 19Round 20Round 21
WARRIORSCANTERBURY (A)(BYE)CANBERRA (A)WESTS TIGERS (H)
BRISBANEPENRITH (H)ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA (H)NEWCASTLE (A)CANTERBURY (H)

LAST THREE MATCHES​

Round 14 Round 15 Round 16
WARRIORSNORTH QLDW 42-12MELBOURNEL 24-38GOLD COASTL 6-66
BRISBANECRONULLAL 12-22SOUTH SYDNEYL 12-22(BYE)

STATE OF PLAY: 2024 SEASON​

POSITIONPLAYEDBYESW-L-DFORAGAINST
WARRIORS13th1516-8-1312359
BRISBANE7th1427-7-0335298

Last edited:

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Battle for the cant-beat-the-Titans memorial cup 🤭

Hope Webby names some young hungry players again this week, a la the winning formula from a few weeks ago (feels so long now 😅)... that was an embarrassment of epic proportions on Saturday.

Valheru

Coach
Warriors will surely be better but I think they are done for the season.

Broncos to get the chocolates

taste2taste

Juniors
Warroirs determined to bounce back in front of yet another sell out against a Broncos team team backing up from Origin

Warroirs by 14

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Wahs will be fired up after the debacle against the Titans, and we look lazy, unfit, and barely interested.

If our origin players back up I have a glimmer of hope, but can't see it happening.

Saxon

Bench
This is it for the Wahs. Win or write your season off.

We will know tomorrow. If Webby selects SJ, the Warriors have already conceded.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
One thing in our favour is the last few times we've had 50+ piled on us, we've won the following week :
2022 - Lose 70-10 vs Melbourne, Win 21-20 vs Canberra
2021 - Lose 60-22 vs Souths, Win 18-16 vs Wests
2020 - Lose 50-6 vs Melbourne, Win 26-16 vs Brisbane
2018 - Lose 50-10 vs Melbourne, Win 26-4 vs Wests

Prior to that the last 50 pt losses were in 2015 in back to back weeks vs NQL and Wests (with another loss following that) so not a long term trend.

Having DWZ & Barnett back this week will have immediate impact as far as enthusiasm goes (they have been two of our best in terms of going hard this year) and hopefully Capewell gets suitably energised from being in Origin, as he's been pretty quiet for us so far (injury impacted of course).
And fingers crossed Webby revisits some of the youngs guns from our mini hot streak a few games ago!

Leber

Bench
SJ is out. So TMM will be 7. Back when we won those games against the Dolphins and Panthers. That gives me hope.

But it'll take a huge turnaround to go from a 60 point drubbing to a victory.

Leber

Bench
This is it for the Wahs. Win or write your season off.

We will know tomorrow. If Webby selects SJ, the Warriors have already conceded.
Regardless, I reckon we are already done for the year. You cant lose to the wooden spooners (twice) and expect to play finals footy.

If they Broncos lose however, might be worth putting a line though them aswell.

Leber

Bench
We won’t win the comp, but we can help the broncos not win the comp also by beating them today.
Up the wahs everyone! I say this now before I start to death ride them lol

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I remember when I first saw the draw I marked this off as an immediate loss. We were never going to have origin players back up in NZ on a Saturday when we have Penrith the following Friday.

Not quite a ‘must win’ in my books but next Friday against Penrith at a sold out Suncorp is.

I remember when I first saw the draw I marked this off as an immediate loss. We were never going to have origin players back up in NZ on a Saturday when we have Penrith the following Friday.

Not quite a ‘must win’ in my books but next Friday against Penrith at a sold out Suncorp is.

I still picked the Broncos, Warriors were beat by 60 last week, Broncos hold the ball they win.

This Year?

Immortal
The AFB v Willison matchup is mouthwatering.
Got a feeling the Broncos win this, but still tipping the Warriors. If I was Kevvie I'd put Piakura on the right and run him at CHT for the entire game.

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
The AFB v Willison matchup is mouthwatering.
Got a feeling the Broncos win this, but still tipping the Warriors. If I was Kevvie I'd put Piakura on the right and run him at CHT for the entire game.

I can't see us winning this one.

There are too many things going against us, this would be one of the best wins in recent memory if we do get over the line. I also can't believe we somehow always get to play NZ during origin, it's just so unfair.

#adversity

Latest posts