What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R17 Sat - Warriors 32-16 Brisbane @ Go Media

Round 17: Warriors v Brisbane

• Warriors

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
That was me, and while you are correct that you're more beatable, I wouldn't consider it a weird take.

We were never going to have Patty, Haas, and Walsh jump on a plane to NZ after origin. Because of that (and today being a likely loss), next week is more crucial
Why not? This game was winnable and you might lose next week too. Probably competing for a spot in the 8 with us more than you are with the Panthers for the top 4.

Weird was wrong but gee I think you'd think about doing different in hindsight

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
You Aussies don’t know what you’re missing with the absolute fever dream that is the NZ commentary. Somehow Larmer, Blair and Betham all seem to have broadly the same cognitive defects and simply cannot put together either a coherent sentence or a logical thought. It’s 3 blokes all in the initial stages of a stroke at the same time, the whole time. Very uncanny vibe.

Bazal

Post Whore
You Aussies don’t know what you’re missing with the absolute fever dream that is the NZ commentary. Somehow Larmer, Blair and Betham all seem to have broadly the same cognitive defects and simply cannot put together either a coherent sentence or a logical thought. It’s 3 blokes all in the initial stages of a stroke at the same time, the whole time. Very uncanny vibe.

Not gonna lie that sounds exactly like the kind of chaos I can get behind

Wb1234

Referee
I used to love it when we got the sky commentary

halligan etc

and they would get the names right

Why not? This game was winnable and you might lose next week too. Probably competing for a spot in the 8 with us more than you are with the Panthers for the top 4.

No aday the players look after themselves they can easily play 3 days later, they use to do it back in the day when they were pissheads.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

I think the club has just decided to rest them as much as possible and hope that we are within reach of the 8 when Reynolds is back.

Patty has been absolutely fried, they are still slightly concerned about Haas's knee, and Walsh's hand is a bit sore anyway

flippikat

Bench
No reason for SJ to ever be picked again. Awful player
I agree with the first part - this hammers a nail into the coffin of his first grade career.

However - I don't think that it's a case of him being awful, as much as his body just not being capable of doing things consistently anymore.

How many times has he fluffed passes, screwed up kicks & just been in the wrong place because he can't get to the right place in time?

All symptoms of the body just not keeping pace with his mind. Add to that an endless parade of injuries that take longer and longer to heal, and yeah.. he's cooked sadly :(

If you combine them all into one person would it be Blocker Roach? In terms of size, dribble & killed brain cells?

Penrith have had key outs all year as well and are 10-4 - 2nd.

Broncos have had key outs all year and are 7-8 - 9th with a tough run home, be lucky to make the 8 from here, you don't rest origin players in a winnable matchup.

Latest posts