What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R22 Fri - Dolphins 34-40 Sydney @ HBF (Perth)

Round 22: Dolphins v Sydney

• Dolphins

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chrisD

Coach
At the ripe age of 40 I cannot recall a voluntary tackle having ever been called, ever, like even when I was 6 and I recall our grand finals from then. Maybe there were a few in the 90s but I’m confident one hasn’t been called in 2 a half decades.

This forum should auto correct voluntary tackle to derp like it does merkin to merkin.

chrisD

Coach
When all the veterans die off we'll dedicate a day to thank you for your service and 364 to forgetting your decades of mediocrity
This is the order of things, a constant, there is no end, all that will be forgotten is that there was a time before the forever premiers awoke. You and the rest will fondly celebrate the seasons you made it to the gf to take part in our yearly coronation.

This is the order of things, a constant, there is no end, all that will be forgotten is that there was a time before the forever premiers awoke. You and the rest will fondly celebrate the seasons you made it to the gf to take part in our yearly coronation.

homer simpson sleeping GIF

Apey

Staff member
At the ripe age of 40 I cannot recall a voluntary tackle having ever been called, ever, like even when I was 6 and I recall our grand finals from then. Maybe there were a few in the 90s but I’m confident one hasn’t been called in 2 a half decades.

This forum should auto correct voluntary tackle to derp like it does merkin to merkin.
While this is true, and technically the rule states the reason why this particular play is meant to be a penalty is due to a voluntary tackle, this play was being penalised long after voluntary tackles ceased to exist. It feels like it's disappeared this year (at least I don't remember any), but it was definitely a thing as recent as last year.

Latest posts