What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R26 Sun - Sydney 12-14 Canberra @ Allianz

Round 26: Sydney v Canberra

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Munky

Coach
Luke Keary has played 227 NRL games and goes full Ben Hunt in games when a dominant halfback isn't on the field. No game management skills at all.

Was great in the 2018 GF though with Cronk being the onfield coach.

gerg

Juniors
Hey Robbo. Take a look in your own f***ing backyard before you start slagging off other players. JWH the dirtiest player in the league for the past decade. They changed the bloody rules to let him get away with leading with his elbows at throat height on every hitup. They even coined the term 'bumper bars' to let him get away with it.

Valheru

Coach
Hey Robbo. Take a look in your own f***ing backyard before you start slagging off other players. JWH the dirtiest player in the league for the past decade. They changed the bloody rules to let him get away with leading with his elbows at throat height on every hitup. They even coined the term 'bumper bars' to let him get away with it.
Has JWH ever torn someone's knee through foul play? Has he ever even been penalised for a hip drop?

Additionally, he ain't slagging him off, he said it to his face and whitehead the sook had to bitch about it in the presser and bring it to the public domain. Robbo said he would only talk about what was said publicly because whitehead already did.

gerg

Juniors
Has JWH ever torn someone's knee through foul play? Has he ever even been penalised for a hip drop?

Additionally, he ain't slagging him off, he said it to his face and whitehead the sook had to bitch about it in the presser and bring it to the public domain. Robbo said he would only talk about what was said publicly because whitehead already did.
C'mon. JWH is one of the most suspended players in the game. And that's even with him being disciplined with a wet lettuce leaf. Grade 1 bullshit every week. Did you want to compare the amount of games the two players have missed through suspension?

Valheru

Coach
C'mon. JWH is one of the most suspended players in the game. And that's even with him being disciplined with a wet lettuce leaf. Grade 1 bullshit every week. Did you want to compare the amount of games the two players have missed through suspension?
The comparison isn't legitimate. We are talking about hip drops, he's managed to not commit any of them that I can remember.

Whitehead tore his knee through foul play, end of. JWH wrap sheet is irrelevant and Robbo didn't bring the matter to the media, whitehead did.

skeepe

Immortal
The comparison isn't legitimate. We are talking about hip drops, he's managed to not commit any of them that I can remember.

Whitehead tore his knee through foul play, end of. JWH wrap sheet is irrelevant and Robbo didn't bring the matter to the media, whitehead did.
There was no foul play from Whitehead. You’ve said some stupid f**king things in your time, but that takes the cake.

It’s rugby league. Sometimes shit happens.

Honestly, what a f**king imbecile.

Chimp

Bench
I thought the player had to be sinbinned, not just put on report? He seemed to come on just after Whiteheads second sinbin.

I was under the impression it had to be a HIA and a sinbin for 18th man to come in, not just any injury caused by foul play that brought a sin bin.

I think there’s been an error here - I don’t see how they were eligible to bring on 18th man.

I was under the impression it had to be a HIA and a sinbin for 18th man to come in, not just any injury caused by foul play that brought a sin bin.

I think there’s been an error here - I don’t see how they were eligible to bring on 18th man.
I think it is any injury caused by Sam illegal action someone is sin-bin or sent off though. 80% certain.

The fact that no one knows for certain tells you everything you need to know though.

gerg

Juniors

Why isn't it a legitimate comparison? Because you don't want it to be?

I made the comparison because JWH has taken plenty of players out of games with Acts of foul play. Robbo having a sook because Whitehead has injured one of his players, when JWH has made a career, as a hard man, on doing exactly the same thing. It's a pretty fair comparison in most people's eyes.

Clearly an accident. It happened quickly and Brandon shrugged him off. He tried to re-grip him and fell to the deck while holding him.

Seiffert Oval

Juniors
It's a bit rich of Robo given the Roosters are the #1 team for being fined or suspended by the judiciary this season. #1. If he wants to throw around comments of "too often", then he does not need to look further than his own team.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach

Foul play is foul play, careless disregard for another persons health is the same on both sides
JWH and Radley have a long established history of being careless and putting players health in danger, and Robinson has always defended them.

I can fully accept that EW was hip dropping blokes years before anyone knew or cared it was a thing but since it's been outlawed he's been charged once before with a hip drop. He was operating within the laws of the game and when they changed, for the most part, so did he.

JWH and Radley haven't, they've been careless and displayed blatant disregard for the safety of players long after rules changed. The comp is fair and the only reason you don't like it is because it quite rightly shows Robinson was out of line.

Robinson should look after his own backyard. The talent disparity on the field yesterday was staggering and he let this band of idiots drag them into the mud with them and beat them with experience. Skill issue. Git gud.

Valheru

Coach
There was no foul play from Whitehead. You’ve said some stupid f**king things in your time, but that takes the cake.

It’s rugby league. Sometimes shit happens.

Honestly, what a f**king imbecile.
lol he tore his ACL due to falling on the back of his leg

Of course it was foul play