What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R26 Sun - Sydney 12-14 Canberra @ Allianz

Round 26: Sydney v Canberra

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valheru

Coach
Why isn't it a legitimate comparison? Because you don't want it to be?

I made the comparison because JWH has taken plenty of players out of games with Acts of foul play. Robbo having a sook because Whitehead has injured one of his players, when JWH has made a career, as a hard man, on doing exactly the same thing. It's a pretty fair comparison in most people's eyes.
It's not a legitimate comparison because we are talking about different actions and Robbo is also not JWH, if it were him making the comment you would have a point.

By the way, who has JWH taken out of a game due to foul play and how many long term injuries has he caused?

And Robbo isn't having a sook, he said what he said directly to his face and Whitehead is the one that brought it to the media having a sook

Valheru

Coach

two acls in one game and Robinson giving whitehead a spray when he tried to apologise
"I'm sorry for tearing your ligament from your knee Brandon and costing you 9 months of your career"

"Oh yeah no worries Elliot"

Get absolutely f**ked, they had every right to give it to him.

Valheru

Coach
Foul play is foul play, careless disregard for another persons health is the same on both sides
JWH and Radley have a long established history of being careless and putting players health in danger, and Robinson has always defended them.

I can fully accept that EW was hip dropping blokes years before anyone knew or cared it was a thing but since it's been outlawed he's been charged once before with a hip drop. He was operating within the laws of the game and when they changed, for the most part, so did he.

JWH and Radley haven't, they've been careless and displayed blatant disregard for the safety of players long after rules changed. The comp is fair and the only reason you don't like it is because it quite rightly shows Robinson was out of line.

Robinson should look after his own backyard. The talent disparity on the field yesterday was staggering and he let this band of idiots drag them into the mud with them and beat them with experience. Skill issue. Git gud.
Robbo also said this to his face, Whitehead brought it to the media. Robbo has a right to say whatever he wants to him, he tore the blokes ACL, that is what happened.

The JWH and Radley deflections are whataboutism at its best.

The performance of the team yesterday is a completely separate issue and in fact Robbo spent the first half of his presser commending the raiders for their performance. He only brought up the altercation because he was asked about it at the end, he didn't go in sooking and moaning about it.

betcats

Referee
JWH has been suspended so Brandon Smith deserved his ACL to be torn and no one is allowed to comment on it

You people are f**king tapped

Comment what you like. If radley or jwh caused an injury and the opp coach had crack at them what would robbo do?

I’m not sure about whiteheads history I don’t really care but the Brandon smith tackle seem pretty unlucky, he went high Brandon kept going and whitehead slipped off and landed on the leg. It wasn’t a typical hip drop by any means you acting like it’s deliberate foul play is silly.

Valheru

Coach
Comment what you like. If radley or jwh caused an injury and the opp coach had crack at them what would robbo do?

I’m not sure about whiteheads history I don’t really care but the Brandon smith tackle seem pretty unlucky, he went high Brandon kept going and whitehead slipped off and landed on the leg. It wasn’t a typical hip drop by any means you acting like it’s deliberate foul play is silly.
I'm not saying it's deliberate, I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt him but at the end of the day he did. This is the exact type of injury the NRL feared that led them to crack down on it.

Who cares what Robbo would do if it was reversed, Sticky can say and do what he wants. None of that takes away form the fact that he tore the blokes ACL

Fangs

Coach
Robbo showing his lack of class once again. It was a complete accident and his own players have been doing worse for years now (And intentionally as well). He is an absolute dipstick.

The sad story is that Elliott Whitehead's NRL career will now be over due to outrage from Roosters HQ.

skeepe

Immortal
If Whitehead gets charged for a hip drop, Tedesco should be charged with dangerous contact for fracturing Rapana's cheekbone and ending his career.

In reality neither should be charged but that's where we're at apparently. I bet Teddy never apologised either.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The problem with Robbo as a person is quite clear.

He said that Whitehead is a "serial offender" when he's been suspended twice. The same bloke says that JWH and Radley are "targeted".

Unbelievable. You can separate the quality of the bloke and his results, you know, Roosters fans. You know he's a shithouse bloke.

They'll no doubt try and march Smith out of his option for next year. BuT We HaVe LoSt A BLoKe!!

Wb1234

Immortal
The problem with Robbo as a person is quite clear.

He said that Whitehead is a "serial offender" when he's been suspended twice. The same bloke says that JWH and Radley are "targeted".

Unbelievable. You can separate the quality of the bloke and his results, you know, Roosters fans. You know he's a shithouse bloke.

They'll no doubt try and march Smith out of his option for next year. BuT We HaVe LoSt A BLoKe!!
Under pressure since results haven’t been so good

skeepe

Immortal
Even my better half who was watching the game from home said that Whitehead play on Smith was accidental which i agree with as much as i don't like Whitehead.
He did deserve the sin bin for trying to kick the ball out of Angus's hands though.
The second one confused me because he barely made any contact but he deserved to sit down for sheer braindead stupidity so I'll cop that.