What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 5 - Vs Warriors

callmack1

Staff member
Another Monday, so we roll into another Round of Footy. It's a bit of a different feeling heading into this one as this time, we're coming off a win! We take on the Warriors in a Saturday afternoon game at Accor in what should be a cracker of a day!

Really looking forward to this one! Playing the Warriors is always a big game for me personally as being a kiwi and living in NZ, you're constantly surrounded by it. Most of my mates, including my best matea are Warriors fans, so it's always personal. This one will be even bigger, and it'll be a bit of a different build up as I'm still over here in Sydney and will be going to this game too, so I won't be constantly hounded by NZ fans all week ahaha.

We've certainly had the wood on them over the years, winning 14 of our last 15 games against them or something like that. The game we played them over in NZ last year was kind of similar to this one coming in. We were down on our luck, but really lifted to completely dominate them in a bit of a surprise performance. Let's hope for similar this week.

It's certainly not going to be easy, potentially even tougher than last time we played. I think the Warriors are a great side and a genuine Premiership contender this year so we're really up against it. They have a massive forward pack, classy halves and a big, fast and skillful backline. They'll be very hard to contain, and we'll come into this one as massive underdogs.

However, what I want to see us do this week is prove that Good Friday was hopefully a bit of a turning point and see us back it up with a good performance on Saturday afternoon. If we really lift, complete like we did against the Dogs, tidy up our discipline in defence, and show the sort of grit we did last week on our own line, then anything is possible. As I said, we're up against it but you never know!

I'm so keen for this week!! Really looking forward to being there for my last game of this trip to Aus. I hope the boys are just as keen as me. Let's go!!

With all of our present injuries all the games from here on will all be unpredictable because we are the walking wounded especially we are without a top half back how can you successfully compete and win in today's game without a top #7. In 2014 reynolds game was on song second to none how are we going for half backs's ten years later in 2024 go figure.

Thumper

Juniors
With all of our present injuries all the games from here on will all be unpredictable because we are the walking wounded especially we are without a top half back how can you successfully compete and win in today's game without a top #7. In 2014 reynolds game was on song second to none how are we going for half backs's ten years later in 2024 go figure.
Enough. Sick and tired of reading your shit.
In 2014 Reynolds was a stock standard half back. He was for his first 7-8 years at Souths. All he did was kick. his defence was rubbish and his attack was non existent.
stop comparing 200 game Reynolds to 4 game Hawkins and 3rd season illias.

Rabbits20

Immortal
In 2014 Reynolds was a stock standard half back. He was for his first 7-8 years at Souths. All he did was kick. his defence was rubbish and his attack was non existent.
Don’t wanna argue but he was better than a stock standard halfback he was in the top 3-4 halfbacks in the comp consistently. His defence was also better than rubbish. Hawkins and Ilias are very very unlikely to be as good as Reynolds. Since Wayne and Reyno left look how we have gone it shows for itself.

Anyway onto this weeks game this is what I expect JD to name….

Trell
Thompson
Wighton
Tass
Milne
Cody
Ilias
Tatola
Cook
Tom
Keaon
Host
Murray

Chee Kam
Duncan
Moale
Keppie

Thumper

Juniors
Don’t wanna argue but he was better than a stock standard halfback he was in the top 3-4 halfbacks in the comp consistently. His defence was also better than rubbish. Hawkins and Ilias are very very unlikely to be as good as Reynolds. Since Wayne and Reyno left look how we have gone it shows for itself.

Trell
Thompson
Wighton
Tass
Milne
Cody
Ilias
Tatola
Cook
Tom
Keaon
Host
Murray

Chee Kam
Duncan
Moale
Keppie
Agree to disagree.
thurston
Cronk
Hunt
Cherry
Johnson
Pearce
Moloney
All better than Reynolds at that time.
The statistics between Reynolds and Ilias are eerily similar after the opening 47 games of their respective careers. At the same stage Reynolds had won five more games but Ilias leads tries, possessions, and line-break assists. Reynolds had more try-assists at the same stage.
If Reynolds was top 3 or 4 with those stats then I’ll fly to the moon. Like I said to old mate. You remember 2020/21 Reynolds not early career Reynolds where his stats showed he was stock standard.

Hellray

Juniors
Well said, couldn’t agree more!!!

Hellray

Juniors

Trell
Thompson
Wighton
Tass
Milne
Cody
Ilias
Tatola
Cook
Tom
Keaon
Host
Murray

Chee Kam
Duncan
Moale
Keppie
Thompson been playing centre and from all reports had a shocker in Reggie’s. I hope I’m wrong but I think we may be seeing old Richie Kennar on the wing. “Please be wrong”

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
You’ll be up against an almost full strength Warriors outfit, only Luke Metcalf out of our top 17 but with either Chanel Harris-Tavita or Te Maire Martin available at 6 we really don’t lost much there.

Thumper

Juniors
You’ll be up against an almost full strength Warriors outfit, only Luke Metcalf out of our top 17 but with either Chanel Harris-Tavita or Te Maire Martin available at 6 we really don’t lost much there.
8 wins in a row for south’s Va warriors. We had a rubbish team when we played you last year and thumped the warriors in nz.

Trell
Thompson
Wighton
Tass
Milne
Cody
Ilias
Tatola
Cook
Tom
Keaon
Host
Murray

Chee Kam
Duncan
Moale
Keppie

Oh please no more ilias all he does is chase his tail and tackles the oppositions ankles and never gets the team rolling forward with good structure or any big plays.that a good half back is supposed to do.