What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs State of Origin

callmack1

Staff member
I have had a lot going on over the last week or so, so haven't really had a chance to keep up with all the Origin stuff so sorry if I've missed all the chat. Had a good time away over the weekend, not even thinking about Footy but all caught up, back into the swing of things today, and I'm excited for Origin on Wednesday now. It really feels like that time of year.

I love Origin, can't see how you couldn't love it as a Footy fan and I'm raring to go for Wednesday night.

Catching up on all the Queensland squad stuff, I think there's no doubt they have the better squad on paper. They've all been there, done that, and you can't really argue any of the selections. They looked primed to me.

callmack1

Staff member

Crazy news on the Edwards and Tedesco situation with Teddy being called in at the 11th hour. Wow.

callmack1

Staff member
Origin eve ladies and gentlemen!! The day is almost upon us!

callmack1

Staff member
Happy Origin day everyone!!! I don't care what some people say and whether you like Origin or not, today feels like Christmas for me! Absolutely hyped and pumped for this!! Can't wait to kick back and get into it!

We can all fully relax and watch it too as there's none of our boys playing.

I'm not confident in this but I'm going to say Queensland 20-16.

Go Queensland!!

Enjoy your Origin Football.

doyen

Bench
That Suauli pr--ck[impossible to spell]---dirty bugger --deserves all he gets---if he's not leading with his knees he's trying to knock heads off--sooner he goes to RU the better---dirty mongrel !!! Go QLD !

callmack1

Staff member
Late reaction to the game. The game finished late over here in NZ, and I have to work today so I was straight to bed afterwards and straight to work this morning ahaha.

But that will certainly be an Origin game I'll never forget! It was interesting to say the least. There's no doubt that the game was over, and the result was effectively decided after seven minutes with the send off, and that took a bit of gloss away from the contest and the spectacle.

However, it was still a pretty decent Origin contest up until about halfway through the second half. I was really surprised with how well and how long NSW actually hung in there for. It was a pretty amazing effort to be honest and I'd argue that they were actually on top at the start of that second half. But fatigue was always going to be the killer with 12 men, and that proved to be the case in the end. Ben Hunt's try especially is a good example of that.

Queensland certainly prepared better with Cobbo on the bench, and it proved to be a masterstroke. They targeted Hynes and that right edge, especially after the sin bin, and tore it to shreds.

While it's a hard one to analyse because of the send off, I do still think that Queensland would have prevailed if it was 13 vs 13. NSW had a good start defensively, but the strike of Queensland was already breaking them down. It would have been close, possibly a really good contest, but I do still think Queensland win.

On the send off, I don't know how anyone could possibly say that's not a send off. It was 100% a fair call and it couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke! Ahahaha.

So, the Maroons take Game 1, in Sydney, and now have a huge upper hand heading into the rest of the series with still a game to be played at Suncorp up their sleeve. How good!!

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member

ALX25

Bench
If Arrow continues to impress and not show any signs of injury I think he could get back into the QLD side.

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member

Interesting proposal from the NRL. I understand why they're considering that, but I agree with Slater, they can't shorten the camp.

speedster

Juniors
Early NSW mail has Latrell in but no Cody and Cam only on the extended bench if that mail is correct which means he and Cody should be available to play Manly who will be without DCE, Jurbo and Haumole plus they're copping some injuries this arvo.

AJ to fullback and we'll need another winger? Bentley-Hape? Or is Gray possibly back in time (listed as due back round 15-17)?

Last edited: