What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 State of Origin Series (Mens Edition)

Happy MEel

First Grade
BA never held the players accountable for shit attitudes and performances. Barrett is swinging the axe and rewarding guys who have been putting in and dropping guys out of form.
BA set a poor standard here. I've said it before you need to hold players accountable. It isn't about replacing them with not as talented options it is about attitude and fighting for the Jersey.
You don't put in you get dropped. BA biggest downfall. To loyal to players.
It’s the whole “rewarding mediocrity” approach to coaching. Put in a half assed effort and you get rewarded with the opportunity to do it again. After a while, that output becomes the norm.

King-Gutho94

Coach
QLD will win the series, nothing surer

money for jam...
Set up perfect for a QLD ambush.

It truly is i have seen it so many times.

NSW rock up to Suncorp cocky as all shit after bashing the maroons in game 2.

And then get bashed up at Suncorp in the decider.

Last 4 deciders have been over after 20 mins
2015, 2017, 2020, 2022

I think Latrell Mitchell is a huge loss for NSW he had 1 bad game in 2019 but other then that the other 7 origins he has played he has given his opposition centre nightmares.

As good as Best is playing just Latrell's prescence would have had QLD on the back foot mentally.

So now Ryles has the Eels gig, we're not invested in the outcome for Hannay or Madge in the slightest.

Hope Moses gets through the game without injury, but expecting Queensland to do the usual and take this by a margin of say 18.

TheParraboy

Staff member
So now Ryles has the Eels gig, we're not invested in the outcome for Hannay or Madge in the slightest.

Hope Moses gets through the game without injury, but expecting Queensland to do the usual and take this by a margin of say 18.

??

Id want NSW to win regardless who was eels coach..

Not that I want it to happen, but if Moses does get an injury and misses some weeks/ rest of the season, best it happens when our season is already dusted.
Might give us an opportunity to experiment a bit with an eye on next year eg Blaize or Brown at FB, Gutho in the halves etc..

EelEtric

Juniors
??

Id want NSW to win regardless who was eels coach..

Not that I want it to happen, but if Moses does get an injury and misses some weeks/ rest of the season, best it happens when our season is already dusted.
Might give us an opportunity to experiment a bit with an eye on next year eg Blaize or Brown at FB, Gutho in the halves etc..
Not sure that major changes to players positions happens mid-year, so seeing Brown move out of the halves wouldnt happen without an off-season of training in the new role (not that I think it will happen anyway).

King-Gutho94

Coach
Well tomorrow is massive for Mitch's legacy as a player. He can get rid of the flat track bully tag for good if NSW win.

A NSW victory he will join only RIcky Stuart in 1994 & Andrew Johns in 2005 as NSW halfbacks to win a decider in Brisbane in 44 years of Origin battles.

Considering some of the calibre below losing a decider is no disgrace but as history proves its very difficult.

Even Stuart & Johns couldn't do it 1st go.

Hopefully Moses can use tomorrow as a springboard to a potential premiership down the track under Ryles.

NSW Halfbacks in deciders in Brisbane that have lost
1983 - Steve Mortimer
1987 - Peter Sterling
1991 - Ricky Stuart
1999 - Andrew Johns
2001 - Brett Kimmorley
2011 - Mitchell Pearce
2012 - Mitchell Pearce
2015 - Trent Hodkinson
2017 - Mitchell Pearce
2020 - Nathan Cleary
2022 - Nathan Cleary