What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 State of Origin Series (Mens Edition)

Nope. Luai has been great. They complement each other perfectly.
Yep, but given Cleary will be Kangaroos halfback (with Moses injured) if there are any matches scheduled at the end of year... they might find it hard not to give him an "in" to the Origin side somehow?

To me there's a chance Tigers lift early next season and are higher placed on the ladder than Penrith at selection time, which might give them the justification to demote "Cleary", and continue with the current halves combo.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Full credit to Madge for picking the best side NsW could offer, rather than favourites/incumbents/whatever the reason Fittler came up with.

That was our best 17 and it showed. Barnett is made for Origin and has absolutely cemented his spot in the 17.

Pending any injuries, that 17 picks itself next year (and that includes leaving our Latrell).

Happy MEel

First Grade
Yep, but given Cleary will be Kangaroos halfback (with Moses injured) if there are any matches scheduled at the end of year... they might find it hard not to give him an "in" to the Origin side somehow?

To me there's a chance Tigers lift early next season and are higher placed on the ladder than Penrith at selection time, which might give them the justification to demote "Cleary", and continue with the current halves combo.
Madge shouldn’t give a flying f&$k what happens with the Kangaroos. His job is to win Origin games. I reckon he’s staunch enough to do whatever the hell he wants. I’m warming to the lunatic.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Full credit to Madge for picking the best side NsW could offer, rather than favourites/incumbents/whatever the reason Fittler came up with.

That was our best 17 and it showed. Barnett is made for Origin and has absolutely cemented his spot in the 17.

Pending any injuries, that 17 picks itself next year (and that includes leaving our Latrell).

Yes some very good selections that many "experts" were critical off. Dropping Tedesco, picking Moses back from injury, Latrell Mitchell, and Watson off the bench were considered big gambles but really paid off.

Not only that he really got the side going defensively. QLD gave so much but the Blues never gave up in defense. I was only worried for a while with that attack but it took a big break to change the game and full credit to Lui and Best combining well.

And when Moses scored, I havent jumped out of my chair so much since we won the preliminary final two years ago.

How good was it to see our current Eels and future Eels have blinders this series.

Also I havent been more impressed than Angus Crighton. What a player he's been, and truly deserved the Wally Lewis Medal.

Wally21

Bench
Yes some very good selections that many "experts" were critical off. Dropping Tedesco, picking Moses back from injury, Latrell Mitchell, and Watson off the bench were considered big gambles but really paid off.

Not only that he really got the side going defensively. QLD gave so much but the Blues never gave up in defense. I was only worried for a while with that attack but it took a big break to change the game and full credit to Lui and Best combining well.

And when Moses scored, I havent jumped out of my chair so much since we won the preliminary final two years ago.

How good was it to see our current Eels and future Eels have blinders this series.

Also I havent been more impressed than Angus Crighton. What a player he's been, and truly deserved the Wally Lewis Medal.
Mate, my young bloke and I literally almost broke the tv when Moey went in… we jumped around like we were f**king nuts!!! What a moment!!! And let’s call out Luai, he was immense. Can’t stand him when he plays us but f**k me he is a talent. Angus Crichton was just immense. I would have loved to see him in Blue and Gold

yy_cheng

Coach

Except probably jurbo

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Mate, my young bloke and I literally almost broke the tv when Moey went in… we jumped around like we were f**king nuts!!! What a moment!!! And let’s call out Luai, he was immense. Can’t stand him when he plays us but f**k me he is a talent. Angus Crichton was just immense. I would have loved to see him in Blue and Gold

It's one of my favourite Origin moments now. That try wouldve shut the critics up saying "he needed to step up" Well he certainly did. He now joins Sticky and Joey.

Yes I have to say Luai was a little quiet in the first half but really stepped up in the second half, not just with that try he set up but in defense he made some really good tackles when it looked like QLD were threating out wide.

I wish we had Angus, played with passion tonight and has been in great form for the Chooks.