What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 State of Origin Series (Mens Edition)

TheParraboy

Staff member
Moses and Nico showdown?

Why not both?

The Panthers have confirmed that halfback Nathan Cleary is set to miss eight weeks with a grade 2 hamstring tear - essentially ruling him out of the entire State of Origin series.

Cleary suffered the injury in the final minutes of the first half at BlueBet Stadium on Friday night after putting in a grubber.

He signalled to the trainer before walking himself from the field and up the tunnel with two minutes left before the break.

TheParraboy

Staff member
tbh hope its Luia (or walker) and Nico in the halves

Need Mitch at Parra, but if he has one or two games back and performs well, id imagine he will be a lock for the sky blues...

JokerEel

Coach
With Nico also injured they said he might be back this week I doubt it though Moses is basically back to the top of the pile if he gets through the next 2 games..

the phantom menace

First Grade
Good thread, was looking for somewhere to discuss the Blues potential selection, before Cleary's second injury.

Moses just has to get through his rumoured return game this week without injury to get one of the halves spots. Unsure who Madge will pump for in the other spot - which will determine whether Moses wears 6 or 7 in Origin (and tbh, at that level the number shouldn't make much difference).

Luai or Hynes or... a bolter?

TheParraboy

Staff member
My Origin side

1. Tedesco
2. Lomax
3. Best
4. Crichton
5. Too
6, Moses
7. Hynes

13. Yeo
12. Martin
11. Crichton
10. RCG
9. Koroisau
8. Haas

14. McIness
15. Olakau'atu
16. Stefano
17. May/Saifiti

18. Shaun Lane

the phantom menace

First Grade
I'm hoping Madge has the balls to say to Teddy that NSW is moving on to a new era, and thanks for your service.

Or pick Tedesco in the centres, which seems to be what happens to excess fullbacks.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I'm hoping Madge has the balls to say to Teddy that NSW is moving on to a new era, and thanks for your service.

Or pick Tedesco in the centres, which seems to be what happens to excess fullbacks.
The irony is Tedesco keeps his FB spot because of his lack of versality. Where others move around because they are more versatile.

Jarryd Hayne never got a proper crack at FB in SOO because he was a such a great winger at that level. We had to sit through Kurt Gidley, Anthony Minichello, Josh Dugan play FB while they put Hayne on the wing or centres.

The one series Hayne got a proper crack at FB was 2014 which was the only series they won during that era.

You can question Hayne's shithouse attitude here at Parra but when he played for NSW he was always one of the best players in that whole losing era for NSW he didnt have many bad origin games.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I talked shit about the suggestion earlier, but I actually hope they pick Burton at 5/8 just to watch the shit show of Mr one trick pony getting exposed.

The "experts" have talked him up as a potential 5/8 or utility off the bench.

The last time he played, they kept throwing the ball to him for those super kicks and not once did it threaten Queensland.

Latest posts